Below are my account balances for the end of May, 2005. The balances are displayed next to the two previous months as well as May, 2004 for comparison. I’m slowly making my way, despite May’s net worth being a little lower than April’s.
* There is a value listed for my 2004 Honda Civic in May, 2004. That’s actually the value of the 1997 Civic I had at the time.
* I probably should have waited before spending $450 on a camcorder (and accessories). I’m hoping to do some video blogging and some other projects with it, but I should have known that there would be no time for such things.
* The “American Dream” account is held at Emigrant Direct and the “Orange” accounts are held at ING Direct.
* I’ve earned about $14 in Dividend Rewards after changing to the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select credit card, for which I haven’t accounted anywhere in this table.
* Once again, I pay my credit card off every month so I don’t pay any interest. Speaking of interest, the interest rate for my car loan is 2% (it’s a personal loan, not a bank loan) and the rates for my student loans are around 3%. I’ll probably consolidate before July 1 to prevent the rates from increasing to 5% or so. I’ll lose my deferment privileges but that shouldn’t be a problem (knock on wood).
This entry goes hand-in-hand with my May, 2005 Income and Expenses Report.
|May 2004||Mar 2005||Apr 2005||May 2005|
|Cash and Bank Accounts|
|American Dream Overtime Fund||0.00||5.01||5.02||376.41|
|Orange Car Fund||603.73||161.83||313.61||364.29|
|Orange Emergency Fund||6,019.66||4,025.38||4,074.57||4,104.84|
|Orange Holding Fund||6.06||6.16||7.07||507.70|
|Orange Investing Fund||401.06||10.66||10.69||10.72|
|Orange Relocation Fund||1,389.43||33.69||33.77||33.85|
|Orange Vacation Fund||1,606.67||809.35||961.46||1,063.93|
|Orange Web Projects||0.00||72.90||73.08||359.17|
|TOTAL Cash and Bank Accounts||13,695.18||11,141.54||9,484.14||11,396.97|
|2004 Honda Civic||3,250.00||12,374.00||12,325.00||12,276.00|
|Google AdSense Holding||0.00||79.87||201.15||475.69|
|University of Phoenix Holding||0.00||3,200.00||3,200.00||1,420.00|
|TOTAL Other Assets||3,250.00||15,832.07||15,904.35||14,221.69|
|CitiBank Dividend Platinum Select||0.00||0.00||113.02||1,069.50|
|TOTAL Credit Cards||1,176.91||1,411.33||498.70||1,122.05|
|2004 Honda Civic Loan||0.00||9,081.87||8,797.30||8,511.76|
|ACS Student Loan 2003||6,322.62||6,079.04||6,079.04||6,079.04|
|ACS Student Loan 2005||0.00||9,251.00||7,267.14||7,267.14|
|TOTAL Other Liabilities||6,322.62||24,411.91||22,143.48||21,857.94|