There are some interesting items in the news today, but not much that is inspiring me to write about the stories in detail. Here is what I’ve been reading.
* How to Sell a Car When You Owe More Than It’s Worth. This is a dangerous position to be in.
* Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. My company didn’t make the list, but maybe yours did. When ranked by pay, you can see some interesting results.
* Dow crosses 11,000 for first time since 2001. Let’s see if it manages to stay up the rest of the year.
* Do you believe in the Dow Theory? If so, it may mean it’s time to buy.
* Ben Stein talks up dividend-paying stocks and REITs for retirement.
Updated July 16, 2010 and originally published January 9, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.