This weekend, I arrived home from my California Vacation. It wasn’t exactly a Griswold farce, but the week had its share of zany moments. Now I’m back to reality — New Jersey — and things aren’t looking good:
* The stock market hasn’t exactly been working in investors’ favor this year.
* Mathew Emmert from The Motley Fool thinks we should expect 0% returns in the market for a while. Dividend stocks the way to go?
* The interview I had at the beginning of the month did not result in a new job offer for me, therefore I cannot make the quick jump from my current position I was hoping for.
* My cat left me a regurgitative present on my carpet.
* The Mets lost to The Nationals.
Onward and upward, as they say.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published April 25, 2005. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.