Bank of America Settles Overdraft Fee Lawsuit

This article was written by in Banking, Featured. 1,414 comments.

If you qualify for the Bank of America overdraft lawsuit settlement, you may have already received a postcard in the mail from the bank. Here is information on the overdraft lawsuit, only one of many class action lawsuits against Bank of America. If you recently received a check from Bank of America for about $98, you have received a benefit from an earlier class action lawsuit pertaining to the bank’s debit cards. This article pertains to a later lawsuit regarding overdraft fees.

November 21, 2012 update: Former Bank of America customers are reporting receiving postcard checks. All checks will be sent by November 30, 2012, so some former customers may receive theirs in December. Current customers are receiving their refunds as account credits, as described below.

November 2, 2012 update: The appeals filed after the judgment of settlement was announced have now been resolved. Bank of America customers who were part of the settlement class — those who initially received a postcard informing these customers of their involvement — should receive an account credit or a check to their last known address by November 30, 2012. The amount each customer might receive depends on how many overdraft fees were charted during the period outlined in the class-action lawsuit, but as expected each customer will receive only a fraction of what Bank of America charged in these fees.

Some customers have already reported receiving credits in their Bank of America accounts.

Here’s how the amount is calculated, somewhat simplified. Bank of America re-ordered the debits that caused overdraft fees during a certain time period beginning in 2001 and determined each customer’s amount of over-charged overdraft fees. That amount was reduced by any uncollected amount (if an account was closed with a negative balance). If one customer had $100 in adjusted overcharged fees and Bank of America was determined to have $10,000,000 in overcharged fees total, that customer’s share is 0.001%.

If the total settlement available for class members (total settlement minus lawyers’ fees, expenses, etc.) was $1,000,000, the customer would receive 0.001% of that, or $10.

September 2012 update: It’s been nine months since an appeal to the judge’s decision has been filed, and there is still no resolution. The $410 million awarded to the settlement class is still in dispute.

December 2011 update: While the judge has approved Bank of America’s settlement related to the overdraft class action lawsuit and has ordered Bank of America to pay $410 million, a member of the settlement class who objected to the settlement has filed a notice to appeal the ruling. With an appeal filed, it could take at least a year for the issue to be resolved. If the appeal is denied, customers may still be disappointed. With 13.2 million affected customers in the class and fees to be paid from the settlement fund to the lawyers and class representatives, the benefits each customer will receive are sure to be less than the value of a refund of even one overdraft fee.

Any compensation to affected customers is on hold until the judge enters the settlement and any appeals are filed.

Like many banking institutions, Bank of America processes debit transactions not at the time they occur, but in a batch, from largest to smallest. If they don’t still take this approach currently, they did in 2009 when a class-action lawsuit combined several other legal actions. 24 other banks in the United States and Canada were named in the class-action lawsuit, including Citigroup, Chase, and Wells Fargo.

The banks say that by ordering debits from largest to smallest benefits customers. For example, mortgage or rent payments are generally the largest debits, so they should receive priority and should be the first to be paid. This is not how it works in practice, however. The system is designed to make more money in fees, particularly from the paycheck-to-paycheck class of customers.

For example, five debits may be scheduled to post on a Monday:

• $800 mortgage payment (check)
  • $200 purchase at the grocery store (debit card)
  • $100 withdrawal at a different bank’s ATM
  • $25 purchase at the book store
  • $4 coffee

That’s the order the funds will be taken from this person’s account. If there is $900 in the bank account, the mortgage payment will be processed, but the four other transactions will generate overdraft fees, one for each, likely totaling more than $100. If the debits were processed from smallest to largest, only the mortgage payment would cause a problem, and the check will bounce. This could cost the account owner less money, but a bounced mortgage payment could be troublesome.

In the more likely event that there is only $500 in this checking account, ordering debits from largest to smallest ensures nothing will go through without generating a fee. However, ordering the debits from smallest to largest, only the mortgage payment would bounce, and there would be no overdraft.

Bank of America will be paying $410 million to settle the class-action lawsuit, which also notes that the banks did not tell customers they could waive overdraft protection, allowing certain transactions to fail rather than paying a fee. Not every bank handles activity posting the same way.

The deadline to opt out of or object to the settlement was October 3. The official website for the settlement is bofaoverdraftsettlement.com.

Photo: Wonderlane
Reuters

Updated November 21, 2012 and originally published July 12, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.

Luke Landes is the founder of Consumerism Commentary. He has been blogging and writing for the internet since 1995 and has been building online communities since 1991. Find out more about Luke Landes and follow him on Twitter. View all articles by .

avatar Jerry Aspinwall

For the most part yes the lawyers make out like a bandit. I have been involve in severl dealing with medications. I got $18,000 twice & $12,000 once so I sign up for any one that I think I can be a part of.

avatar Andrea Perez

How do you find them?

avatar Valerie Jones

Is this my name the car salesman…..

avatar Corazon

I got another postcard last week for the lawsuit. I only have two choices. One for $50.00 the other for $100.00? What’s up with that? B.O.A. ripped me off way more than $100.00! I am so sick and tired of banks ripping us people off! For the people who make comments in this site about others not managing their money has no clue what they are talking about! It has NOTHING TO DO with management. It has ALL TO DO with B.O.A. MANAGING OUR MONEY ILLEGALLY! Until you walk in anyones shoes keep your remarks to yourself!

avatar Ned

Well put I find it hard to not cuss those people out. Ignorant B of A works no doubt. Probably the ones who initiated the money maker for B of A then they got fired and they are jealous we got anything back. and B of A is still at it making another Billion dollars. To settle for $410,000,000 isn’t bad when you took over a Billion. I’m just so glad they didn’t have to give us all our money back, NOT. Or they would have to figure out another way to screw us over. Because the lawsuit didn’t change one damn thing.

avatar gloria

I am so upset with this bank of america suit!!! the amount written into the info given to the customers was around 2,500.00 per person 5,000.00 per couple.My husband and I got a check for 20.00 dollars!!!! are you kidding me I wold have opted out and got my own attorney if they hadn,t put that amount. I,m so furious, looking for other people who feel attorneys srewed us over!!!

avatar Sandra Baxter

Oh they sure did screw us over. ( BIG TIME) I received a check for $ 2.55, i am owed way more $$$$$$

avatar jasio

Got today transfer for 36 cents. Thank you BofA. 36 cents, 36 cents, 36 cents…….

avatar Ned

LOL I got more from classmates.com and I never gave them a thing. I got $3.93 from them and only $2.55 from B of A and they ripped me off for over $1000.

avatar Sandra Baxter

I also received $2.55 and they should of gave me a lot more. I lost my debit card and was given a new account number so i do not think B of A paid me for the amount owed on previous debit card.

avatar sandy

has anyone received a check by mail.

avatar jasio

I got deposit for 36 cents(!).

avatar Monica Santillana

LOL… I got $2.55!

avatar jasio

Still roughly seven times more than me, smile, be happy!

avatar Monica Santillana

Yeah Right! They took from me 700 times that amount. LOL.

avatar dawn measel

no and had over 5000.00 in overdraft had 150,000.00 in bank was out of town and they took my money

avatar Sharon Wms

Yes $69.03 written on US Bank, Faribault, MN. I live in MD may have a problem cashing this check because it’s out of state. I will try to cash it at BOA.

avatar Tracy

LOL.. the irony of that is just delish!! Good Luck Sharon! :)

avatar Rita

Sharon,
BOA will not cash it if it’s written on US Bank, I already asked here in Florida. If you have a current bank take it there and deposit it, then it will show up in your account the next day. They do not put a hold on it.

avatar Dria Besancon

Im sorry but why are you still at B of A lol? They only like rich people. Well unless youre rich I guess. I hate them I shut down my account ASAP! They ripped me off about $400 in overdraft fees and i got $9.09 back…..you know those lawyers are wiping their behinds with the rest of my check =l I will never be a part of a class action again! Rip off!

avatar Jesse McCauley

I got a check for $30.55 today! Nice.

avatar Rita

Yes, mine came thru the mail and I almost threw it away because it was a postcard check, (it looked like an insert from a magazine). I got nearly $400 back so I’m very glad I looked at it. It was written on US Bank, but I took it to BOA to make sure it was legal and then deposited it at my current bank, and there was no hold on the funds at all.

avatar griz

ya I got a check for 7.64 and I have until nov 26 to cash it or its void, 7.64 hell I quess i’m one of the lucky ones

avatar Gayle

Sorry to all you people who got pennies – I got a credit of over $350.00!!

avatar jasio

That must have been for another settlement.

avatar Gayle

Nope it was noted as BOA Overdraft Settlement on my account.

avatar AJ

My sister just got her check for $500. I am still waiting on my check because I received two postcards. My friend received $250.

avatar Heather s

Hi not trying to be in your business but did they take thousands from you in fees because I think they took between 1500- 2000$ in fees from me I only got 12$ back im happy someone got something worthwhile back tho.

avatar Felicia

How much verdraft fees did you have? My check came in the mail for $49.86

avatar starr

I got 7.64 wow and they took 1000′s I can’t believe that

avatar Dria Besancon

I think it might be because all that money they took from you wasn’t in the specified time frame. Like they said something like it had to happen within 2007-2008 or something like that. I only got $9.09 and I had hundreds taken from me.

avatar Ned

it was from earlier like 2005 or 6 till the present I think the date they said was 2010 but I’m not positive. Most of my overdrafts occured right after I was layed off in late 2008 and it was my unemployment that they had taken as i was living on food stamps, A mere $29 a month and 1/3 of my income while i had been working. I did have 2 overdrafts I incured myself but around 30 were from their lies and and changing order of transactions. some were even from them holding KEEP the CHANGE money in limbo for several days I had the funds but they hid them as if they weren’t there.

avatar sandy

Just wondering if anyone has received a check by mail.Closed my boa account when this all went down.They may charge me for postage.ha ha

avatar Corazon

I was wondering the same thing? Has anyone gotten a check by mail? The postcard they sent me to fill out and return ask for the last 4 digits of my Social Secuirty number to use a pin number, or make up a 4 digit one? Why would I have to do that and mail it so the world to see? That doesn’t seem right!

avatar sandy

Haven’t received any postcard,just the first one about the class action.Nothing.wouldn’t mail out anything,just wait till Nov.30.Thats what the notice says.

avatar takoma

I got a post card and a check today for just over $16… despite moving last summer. I’m so glad that I finally switched to a credit union.

avatar Mary

still waiting for my check. received two post cards in the mail. they said I didnt have to do anything just wait and I would be getting a check. Had a personal account and one for the business through them. Is this a scam or what.

avatar Tessy

I received about 12.00……. the money is for the lawyers…. unbelievable…..

avatar Tessy

they should ban all class action suits for good….after the 10 cent At&t minute rip off of the late 90s loss of thousands……this law suit switching, manipulating, chaotic accounting and holding debits and then hitting accounts off by a penny hundreds of dollars at one shot and the I.U.D. class action law suit of the 70s where women died…….. In all, the victims got nothing. The only people making anything are the lawyers…..BAN ALL CLASS ACTIONS.

avatar Ned

I agree 500% its a joke on us the working class Americans that really do believe in USA unlike the thieves that we have running our courts and government.

avatar elizabeth

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a website I can check to see if I am supposed to receive money from them? I have had two seperate checking accounts with Bank of America (one in 2003 and one in 2010) both closed by me. I have moved so hadn’t received anything in the mail from them about the settlement; however I am positive I overdrafted. I read that if the checks go 180 days without being cashed, they turn void and you lose out of the money– not sure how accurate that is. Anyway, I want to know if I can find out if I am owed anything and how I can go about getting my money!

Thanks!

avatar kjacques865

The checks will be mailed out according to the website between November 16th and 30th

avatar sandy

Thank you,didn’t see this only Nov.30th,thanks again.

avatar Gloria

you are right the money is for the lawyers we are just pounds so they can get paid, our money was taking from us and if they really wanted to help we should get more .

avatar Ned

Gloria of coarse the lawyers made out. B of A figured all that in when they set all this up they didn’t want to lose everything they stole from us. So they hired the lawyers to set this all up and screw us before we all got together and really stuck it to them. That is the way our economy works. Steal from the poor and then hire a good lawyer to protect what you’ve stolen.

avatar Ned

I forgot to mention that I received $2.55 out of the over $1000 they stole from me. I bet the lawyers saw $250 of my money and the rest was never figured into the law suit so B of A got to keep that. How did they figure out who got how much is what I would love to see. The law suit didn’t even cover half the money they stole from us the ones who didn’t have money and now we have even less. I figured I’d see at least $50 not $2.55 that would be about $.05 per $35 fee I was charged. So the suit got me a nickel for each $35 i was charged, suits like this are the reason our economy is so f’ed up. All the people in our courts think this is fair. Just goes to show how screwed up our country is and it won’t get better in our lives. The government has lied to us so much. Its sickening! Unemployment is really around 25% but since all the people who lost jobs back in 08 have used up their benefits they are no longer a statistic. how does the government know the true unemployment rate? There is no way to tell unless people are filing for unemployment. but everyone has finished filing so they are no longer a stat. I could go on forever but I’m tired so I’ll say good night and don’t let the B of A bugs bite.

avatar Ned

I forgot to mention . Why do we pay the lawyers fee when we were ripped off by the bank the law suit should be $410,000,000 + lawyers fees. I am so sick of the rich getting richer at our the low income peoples expense.We need to do a law suit against the federal court system and file a suit against them for allowing this to happen. They cost us almost as much as B of A.

avatar starr

We should have opt out of the lawsuit and did ourselves

avatar Ned

I would have, Had I gotten the post card at a time when I wasn’t out of town for over a month. I got home 8 days after the final date to opt out.

avatar Ed Turner

Well I got the Post Card a long time ago. Was with B of A from when it became B of A. I still qualify for the class action law suit and here it is November 14th and still no check. I will let you know if I get one by the 30th. If not I plan to suit the B of A and both Law Firms in the case.

avatar Gloria

hold up they we had until i think it was 1211 to opt out but i did not hear anything until 2012 the do date had past.

avatar Ed Turner

Opting out means you expected nothing back from the settlement. If you did nothing but have and kept the card you qualified in the class act suit. The card was to inform you that you qualified. Read the card again.

avatar starr

I took it if u opt out you expected nothing from the settlement yet you could get your own attorney and Sue for your own settlement and get more of what you deserve
Ont opting out you get what you get which was 7.64 for me and it should. have been thousand’s

avatar Ed Turner

yes, true. That was another option. Many did not have that option dspending thousands on legal fees.

avatar Pat Tanasi

Just receive my big check for $0.29 wow after thousands of dollars BOA rip me off for.
What a joke i wish the lawyers have a great meal on me and choke on it.I am looking
in to other avenue to get some of the money this bank owns me back as i never sign any papers
on this action. TO THE LAWYER’S IN THIS CASE I BET YOU CAN GUESS WHICH FINGER I AM HOLDING UP TO YOU ALL. Have a great day.

avatar It's Free Money People!!

Here’s what I don’t understand… all the idiotic comments on here about people getting a few bucks in return when they’ve paid “so much” in fees. Listen, YOU are the irresponsible one who overdrafted your account! They covered your purchases, and your card wasn’t declined- then they charged you a fee for that service! In the time of checkbooks (where people actually kept track of what their balance “will be” once that check clears), this only happened if you forgot to write down a purchase!
Here’s the thing- in the “example” given above, YOU (the account owner) have scheduled or have purchased $1129 worth of product/service/whatever with only $900 in your account to cover it. THAT’S NOT THE BANK’S FAULT!! You have to be responsible and plan ahead! I have overdrafted ONCE because I deposited a check (versus cashing it), and then at that same ATM transaction I made a withdrawal for more than I previously had- not taking into account that the check wasn’t cleared yet- duh! Right away I knew it was MY fault! I don’t blame the bank for MY stupidity!
I was thrilled to get a few extra bucks in return for this lawsuit even though I truly don’t think I (or any of us who made these mistakes) deserve it.
Bottom line- All of us made a mistake (by overdrafting), the bank put out the money that we didn’t have to cover the purchase, and they charged us a fee for that service. Period. It’s simple. It might suck, but it’s no one’s fault but our own. Quit getting mad that you didn’t get your “fair share” of $410 million! Ridiculous!

This lawsuit and the money returned is not about any old overdrafts, it’s about the bank’s choice in maximizing overdraft fees in one day. The lawsuit shows that Bank of America ordered debits in such a way that it caused multiple overdrafts when only one might have been necessary. Yes, customers have the responsibility to only debit what’s available, but the bank was (and other banks were) sneaky about how they made those funds available. You can read the court documents at the site mentioned in the article if you’re still unclear about how this lawsuit is not related to your “everyday” overdraft service, provided by banks, with the knowledge of their customers, for a fee.

avatar Ed Turner

Wrong..I have the Card and Look above at the title we are talking about overdraft lawsuit here

avatar starr

Here’s the problem yes there is a bounce charge we get that but many times as states they eearrqgws the order they came in ans charged us several charges causing a revolving chain reaction to other charges not realizing one had bees charges 5 charges grew 1 . This causes a hardship on the individual. Its called stealing ans taking advaniof the poorer people.
They make most of rjwoe money on us doing this.. no it isn’t right they do this I have had them do it to me for a few cents whiched caused hardship taking my next pay check to feed my family. So I disagree with stealing. Also they Mich have paid the teansactiinabut is was not to benefit us it was t.o make money on us, knowing very well they would make ir back and then some
its called screwing people

avatar starr

What they did is called stealing and being dishonest. They didn’t pay the transactions to do us s favor they did it knowing they would profit from it. Its also known as screwing the poor customer’s over. I would rather be denied then be charged q pile of bounced charges I can’t afford. Obviously we are pooror it would not happen

avatar Ed Turner

No, not true B of A had a very bad habit of not cycling daily as it should have back then and your account would lead you to think you had available funds. Also most cards from small banks had a fail safe prevention of Over Drafting. It was if it’s not there card denied. Bank of America loved this new money maker instead of doing as other, customers were taken advantage of and in many ways. Stick your head back in the sand of time as you not know what you speak.

avatar Dedra

To It’s Free Money!! What’s your problem? People work hard for their money even living paycheck to paycheck. People don’t call the bank and tell them to Pay my mortgage first because its about all I have in the bank first. The bank actually waited days or weeks to deduct what you wanted posted sometimes the same day to wait like a fisherman to pull in the bait on our behinds. I mean really!! You must be one of those ROMNEY misfits that enjoy making people that struggle to make a living working hard day to day trying to earn a retirement or plan for college kids. And I guess you say that we should add up the KEEP THE CHANGE they were giving back to us to determine exactly how much of the overdraft they actually already paid us back. B4REAL

avatar T.M.

I think what it’sfreemoney is trying to say is that fees just dont pop up. if the money is in the account and you are not swiping your card willy nilly all over town then the money will be there so there will be no fees. Fees only happen when you are spending more than what you have. I dont know why people dont understand this. People are finding more and more excusing to blame someone for thie issues. I feel bad for anyone that is having and hard time making ends meet, or getting them close enough to wave at each other, but if you know you cannot afford any more charges than what you need to pay bills and buy food and keep a roof over your head, then do not swipe your card for anything frivilous.

avatar T.M.

THANK YOU! I was waiting for someone on this blog to finally say that! Everyone wants to point the finger of blame instead of realizing that the fees don’t just jump onto the account. If someone has money problems and they KNOW they cannot afford a fee or any other charge on the account, then don’t charge more than what you have. It’s simple math and common sense.

avatar Rhonda Taylor

Dear Mr Idiot….perhaps your ego is too big and in the way of your brain but let me educate you on how people got charged with such high fees…..BANK OF AMERICA encourged payroll deposits so everyday of the week one would expect you deposit to hit your account on a certain day within this window of time…..BANK of America decided to play accounting….your deposit would be in your account when you checked you would go shopping with your atm and buy a few items and then the next day…poof they would process the payments first and then the deposit even though before even spending a dime you checked….to make sure deposit was in your account….they did this consistently and it was hard to tell what was happening unless you watched them very closely and was smart enough to take screen prints of your account…so no it has nothing to do with people being irresponsible it has to do with a bank screwing its customers any way they could….

avatar Robert Al Ramos

i would rather not have bofa cover anything. If i do not have enough funds do not cover anything, i would rather have it declined. Heres one for you, paypal took $1.50 out of my account and bofa did not cover the funds but had the nerve to try and charge me a returned fee charge, WHAT! needless to say i told them to take it of after going in circles they did :) butheads..

avatar Justin

No its when you have x amount of money in your account and you know it, every person living from paycheck to paycheck knows how much money they have, you buy 5 things leaving 35 cents out of x amount, the bank hits you with a service charge of 1 dollar on the 10th when they always take service charge out on the fifth and you end up having 4 overdraft fees over 1 dollar. Its downright dirty

avatar jessica

Yes I do agree about the fact that it’s not how your managing your money because when I was with BOA I made sure I did not run into overdraft fee’s until I was hit with one day because how the manage your pending charges on your statement. Me and my fiance both got our checks in mail and what a bunch of bullshit (excuse me for that) but it is. I receive $3.98 and he received approx. $13.00. My fiance had well over approx $160.00 in over draft fees. Of course though when the lawyers get involve they get their portion and were left with nothing but we are the ones that are suffering not the lawyers.

avatar Paul leahy

Soooooo, I get my whopping $48.93 check, and being a person of principal, I march up to loca BoA branch. They tell me they cannot cash the check. as it is drawn on US Bank(!), (and even though I HAD three accts which they closed n wouldnt let me re-open, as i ran over , pd them in full. But they would NOT let me re-establish my checking account) Soooooo, I ask where local US Bank is…….she tells me, “Sir, not a US Bank within 100 miles! Now to most it sounds, I would imagine, like sour grapes, however, as just lost job, house to forclosure and my retirement(trying to save home), now having to pay $8.00 to cash as no bank acct at the moment……..that $8.00 fee is over 16% of the actual payout amount! JUST BANK OF AMERICA SCREWING THEIR “MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS” yet again. What about all the elderly, who may be in a similar position to me! Imagine, their $400 mill payout, says on back of check, yet wouldnt honor it at their own freakin bank! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

avatar Brent M Huynh

that what you get for voting for obama

avatar joe

LOL :D I DIDNT VOTE FOR HIM!

avatar fly

Both of you guys are ignorant, what the Hell do Obama have to do with this BOA bullshit. This happened before this man was ever elected president.

avatar sandy

guess they have to blame someone,Why Obama.

avatar Maddy

Hey has anyone that left BOA recieved anything in the mail yet ? They got me good I can’t wait to cash a check for a very small potionof what I am owed.

avatar Corazon

To the “FREE MONEY PEOPLE” post! You HAVE NO IDEA or the RIGHT TO SAY anything since you don’t know any of us and what our situations were in the past with B.O.A! Until you do I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself! You must be working at B.O,A, and stealing other peoples hard earn cash! Obviously B.O.A. took advantage of people!! I am deleting this website for people like this one who thinks they know everyone’s business! Whatever I get I get!

avatar stevie

Finally got mine the other day.
A whole $10.13
Ten dollars? That’s not even one third of one overdraft.
How are people saying they got 200.00 to 500.00?
How many overdrafts would you have to have to get that much?
That’s crazy

avatar Tessy

no its a big time scam by the banks…at first they blamed the credit card part of the card…saying they hold it….then they admitted they held it…..then they admitted high to low and holding making the account off. A large scam not only by BOA….but chase was the worse. I caught BOA red handed….by a receipt and a mac slip that it was immediatley taken out of the account….but then it was the bank that put it in a holding account …making the customers think their balance is correct….. Chaotic and simple math out the window….. i would even believe it you did an excell sheet the account would be off…..The Banks made billions off the poor or month to month clients…..they wouldnt dare chance doing that to rich clients. So u ” Its free money” do your homework before u write to us. I had proof sent it to the state and won only one round but got my money back ….I CAUGHT THEM RED HANDED IN A LIE. And believe me…Bank of America are angels compared to some of these other bigger banks….They especially like hitting students account…..

avatar stevie

Does anyone know the final overall settlement amount? and how much of that went to lawyers?
I was trying to use the formula they gave to determine how much I may receive.
Was hoping for at least $100 but doesan’t appear likely.
Probably more like $1

avatar Tessy

I am deleting this site…..due to the religious political nuts that know nothing about this case. Listen, to all writing here that were victims…..its over and nothing we can do about it…..id say maybe BOA learned a lesson…..that is about it. Peace to all that were victimized by greed.

avatar Alesha

Yeah those sap suckers gave me a check of 10.18 I should have opt(ed) out because this check is a joke!!!!!

avatar stephanie robinson

Did your check look like a post card/

avatar Cindy
avatar Jessica

Lol, I just received a postcard check for $29.10, I wasn’t even aware of the class action suit , but I really think it is a shame how current and former boa customers are getting so little back when one overdraft fee alone was $35, they took hundreds from me and I was in undergrad at the time I had the account,so I needed every dollar I earned! I always knew it was wrong how the bank’s system reordered the debits from largest to smallest, that would obviously create more fees, but as one of the customer reps explained to me at the time it was for “my benefit”, because they assumed the larger purchases were more important, for example larger purchases would most likely have been mortgage, rent, car note etc., I think I knew what was important for me, smh!

avatar marisa w.

My friend who had an account the same time as me in 2003 said she received a little over $3000 maybe she exaggerated I don’t know but it sounds good.

avatar cheryl

How the hell did you get $ 3000. I have been a customer since 2000 to this day I received nothing $0

avatar eram

I received a check for $37.37 which is a lot less then what they took from me

avatar joe

I received one for 9 dollars… At first i’m like what is this!! because it had my mothers name on it, and mine. Then i realized it had an endorsement line on the back. :) 9 dollars richer yay buddy.

avatar tim

i got a postcard check on 11/17/2012 from boa overdraft settlement for 14.64

avatar dusty

so these’s “post card checks” are real? i’ve gotten two, one for 180 something and another for 80 something dollars but i’m unsure if they are real because i’ve never seen a check that looks like this. can i cash it as a local bank of america or do i have to cash it somewhere else?

avatar mjm

I received a postcard in the amout of 467 dollars wasnt expecting that much

avatar Maddy

I go t the original notice but I still haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet. Is there any way to check ? I saw in a proir post the have until the 30th . Has any one that you know still not gotten theirs ? Thanks for the help

avatar kwashi

Was pleasantly surprised. I received $400 in the mail today. I came online to do some research to see if it’s a legit check.

avatar Felicia

Maybe we, the ones who got REALLY screwed over by BoA & now by the lawyers, for having to give the lawyers such a HUGE chunk ($5000.00 per single person, $2500.00 per person for married couples). We are the ones who couldn’t buy groceries the week BoA ripped us off! We are the ones who had to borrow money from family (if we even could) to pay for our child’s field trip! Those lawyers didn’t lose a damn dime, that money should’ve went to US!!! And to the douchebag above, saying that it’s our fault just proves that you are either dumber than a sack of bricks or you are a BoA employee/sympathizer! Either way, this crap had NOTHING to do w/ mismanaging our money, it was BoA using a practice to screw us & steal from us!! So, instead of an “Oops” like YOU had, they caused us to have multiple “Oops”! So, either get the facts, or leave the ones damaged by BoA, and now the lawyers, ALONE!! It’s obvious that you couldn’t care less about your fellow human-being being treated badly by greedy banks & lawyers!

avatar FRANCIS ROMANO

my wife and I had an account with B of A since 2001, and we’re one of the first ones to file against the bank and have yet to receive any funds from them. what’s going on here. why is everyone getting money from these crooks and we’re not

avatar cheryl

me too customer since 2000. I got nothing

avatar Pearl

i received a check for $9.89…. Is this a joke????? Am I going to receive more???? I was charged over $250.00 in fees. Something just doesn’t seem right about this.

avatar Barbara

I recieved a check today. It looks like a postcard! Has anyone cashed their’s? And if so, did you have a problem doing so?

avatar Brent M Huynh

Ok, I received the Bofabankofamericasettlements check last Monday. It does look like a postcard.. I went to capitalone bank. I talked to the teller, he said It would be better to deposit in my bank account and wait for 5 days to see if it real or scam. He also told me about this overdraftsettlement isn’t relative to bankofamerica. More like an Insurance bank or whatever.

avatar Tracy

Those of you passing judgment on what you THINK you know! Suck it! You DON’T know! My example?? I had deposited two checks to BOA from my insurance company covering TWO hail ridden roofs to be replaced on homes I OWN! Right after that, the checks I wrote to cover said roofs starting bouncing, I could not figure why, the money was there, it had even shown deposited when I checked online. BOA had changed their mind, didn’t deposit the checks a few days later when my name didn’t match exactly as it did in their system. This was crap! My middle name was left out of my hyphenated name, but I have a distinguished last name, there’s NO doubt that the checks deposited were for the same person listed on our checking account. IN FACT, I had a similar situation a couple years prior, and guess what?? I got a call from a friendly representative from BOA asking me to confirm my identity! Issue resolved in less than a minute! Wow!! Was that too difficult!?!? They didn’t even TRY in this situation; they even admitted to me that they had switched service vendors for their ATM’s and this was not a service that this particular vendor would not honor this process. On top of everything else, they had lost one of the checks. I switched to Chase, got the replacement checks from my insurance company, everyone is paid and I’m happy! So here we are, a class action lawsuit later, I got “some” money back, but this is years on-going and not worth the horrible mind f^%k they put me through. So there BOA! You have one gal who speaks ill of you EVERY chance I get and will continue to do so until can’t. : P There was no money management debacle here, and I’d lay odds most weren’t, keeping in mind the 80/20 rule! So keep your idiot, ignorant & self righteous posts to yourself until you’ve put on OUR shoes!

avatar Winni

I think I received a check, but it looks like a postcard. Is this the check or what?

avatar Winni

Yep, it’s the real deal. I just took it to my credit union and deposited it with no problems. They did’t put a hold on the funds or anything.

avatar cassandra

Does anyone know what number to call I moved and have not received my post card check. I would like to get some type of settlement after all I had two accounts with bank of America. If anyone has a number I would appreciate it.

avatar kjacques865

1-800-372-2390

You will need to write to this address. If you call, they’ll probably tell you to write to this address: Checking Account Overdraft Litigation, P.O. Box 2505, Faribault, MN 55021-9505.

New information on the postcard checks here — please read this article: http://www.consumerismcommentary.com/bank-of-america-settlement-postcard-checks/

avatar Gloria

hi guys i have not heard any thing as of yet i live in miami.

avatar sandy

nov 23,still nothing yet,s.c.maybe last,get leftovers.

avatar Maddy

I just got mine today 66.12 after they stole thousands

avatar Mitchel

I just got mine today 20.30 after they stole thousands also from my mother business account they stole between 5K and 10K but shi never receive any card or mail saying anything about it

avatar Linda

I got $5.09 deposited to my account a couple weeks ago. Today I got $9.09 postcard check, for a different account that I had closed. I have two other open accounts that I got no check for. I too have lost alot of money because of the way BOA did their overdraft fees.

avatar Mechele

I recieved 12.58 smh my my my ….!

avatar Veronica Roesch

I received $189.16 check today. Could be worse.

avatar kjacques865

I think the real problem is that Bank of America should have had to pay out more to accommodate the lawyers and the people the money goes out to. Than everybody would have been happy.

avatar casinogiant

15.28 That’s the biggest in your face POS I’ve ever seen from a company that just lost their case. I noticed everyone seems to gotten a different amount, I wonder what the basis is for these calculations. I have paid them close to $1000 not counting the $140 this year (after their settlement) alone. This is an insult, they should take the highest share holder and send him to prison for suggesting that as remuneration. I bet the class action lawyers are owned by B of A… >>:(

avatar casinogiant

On top of that, I told them at the beginning of this year, “I don’t want overdraft protection!”. After I seen that they were up to their old tricks and I was charged $20 for a $4.59 overdraft. (note: that barely even covers the settlement reimbursement 20-4.59=15.41). So they did then, it somehow got re-activated and they charged me another $120 before I could get it turned off again. Not to mention the card I reported as lost or stolen over 2 months ago that they are still letting money be charged on. Is there no end to their under handed schemes. I’m starting to think they’re not greedy, but in every way evil incarnate itself.

avatar Ned

How do you think I feel Casinogiant I had over $1000 taken from me and all I got was $2.55. Nothing even makes sense in their paybacks. How much was taken from these people who are getting near or over $100. The lawyers need to have limits to their fees. If they were limited to $1,000,000 each we would see at least 1000% more and it still wouldn’t touch what they stole yes STOLE from us and the thieves are getting away with it. No problems in our Justice system are there????? I think all the CEO’s should spend as long in jail as Bernie Madoff. If not longer for stealing from people who obviously don’t have money to get by.

avatar Mechele

I am shocked that I am even still with B O A After 20 years SMH I just want to know how my 12.58 was calculated . That isnt even half of an overdraft fee. The phone number is a recording and BOA wont even discuss info with me about the lawsuit ! I want to talk to a live operator. SMH.

avatar JusPuddin

I received $17.35 and my nephew received $2.50. I’m going to blow my settlement on Lotto tickets :-)

avatar S B

I got a post card check for 15.00 dollars, and B O A would not cash it unless you have an account with them.

avatar Tricia

$5.09 you should have kept it…

avatar Cynt

they spent more money on postage for the postcards that were sent out than we got back in the so-called settlement!

avatar Melinda Sendall

How do I contact them to see if I am entiteled to a check for the NSF fees ? I have moved since I have Bank of America.

avatar Rita

Melinda,
I had moved several times and gotten married as well, but I never notified anyone yet it came to my current address.
Rita

avatar michelle

everyone should protest Bank of America and demand our fees back now

avatar Mitchell

Just received the jaw dropping BS payment of 44.92 of what was (according to the bofaoverdraftsettlement.com last year claimed each person was to receive $5000.00 each out of the billion(s) in settlement. When they fined me for almost 400.00 in fraudlent fees … Nice, a little over 11% pf what was stolen.

Now, it was something like 410 million payout, can you say corruption? But honestly, with how screwed the bankers are, should this surprise anyone. It took me a minute to cool off, but know that their Judgement is coming.

just wish I coud be there to watch the @ss whooping.

avatar Rita

It may not sound like very much money to some, but I just received my check over this past weekend and I got back almost $400!!! It was a nice surprise as I had forgotten about the lawsuit. I thank everyone who thought to file suit.

avatar Ron w

400 you hit the jackpot, man u better be happy I got 3.61

avatar charchar

THIS IS A JOKE…..REALLY ARE WE GOING TO STAND BY AND LET THEM MAKE FOOLS OF US ARE WE GOING TO GO GET WHATS DUE US???? THERE HAS TO BE A LAW AGAINST THIS WE’VE BEEN ROBBED BY BOA AND THE ATTORNEYS INVOLVED. LETS GOT AFTER THOSE WHO GOT US INVOLVED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES. THEY USED USE TO MAKE THIER POCKETS FATS. NO NO NO I WANT MY MONEY THAT DUE ME AND IM GOING AFTER ALL INVOLVED I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!

avatar charchar

WHY WOULD THEY INSULT SOMEONE WITH A 36 CENT CHECK….THEY COULD HAVE LEAST GIVEN EVERYONE $35.00 FOR ONE RETURN CHECK FEE. THIS IS STUPID AND DOES INVOLVED ARE THEIFS IN A SUIT. SMDH

avatar Dria Besancon

OK FIRST OF ALL!!! Why the hell are some of you people still at Bank of America even though you claim they ripped you off hundreds or thousands? I mean really? I would really like to know the reason. Because in my eyes thats giving them the green light to keep doing whatever it is they are doing.

Secondly, I had hundreds in overdraft fees due to this and I only got a check for $9.09…how the hell are other people getting $250 and such? I didn’t expect to get it all back but Jesus. And there is a percentage that is suppose to be held for those they couldn’t find. Gee I wonder where that money is going. Seriously, people you need to stop giving BoA the power and find another bank….NOW! BoA has been the crappiest bank I have even encountered. Stand up for yourselves and stop taking their trash!

avatar Ned

The reason I’m still with them is convenience and I am working part time so I’m not completely broke now. I know to keep track of all transactions with screen shots. I’m just waiting for them to try and pull this crap again as I will file a suit right away. I won’t even talk to them first. I doubt there is a lawyer that wouldn’t jump at a chance to file against them after they lost once already.

avatar Ned

If anyone needs to know how to do a screen shot e-mail me @ nedyost63@yahoo.com I am going to do a series of them that will explain the process. I can then e-mail them to you. Please only serious inquiries.

avatar Ned

I forgot to say put screen shots in the subject line

avatar Ron w

Man this is bull$h!+ I get a check for $3.61… Yeah three dollars, bofa you took hundreds from me with charges, then charges on the charges you already took, smh what slapp in the face, I couldnt afford a attorney, sad day :0(

avatar Anthony

They are STILL doing what they were sued for.. I’m currently looking at my online statement and they’ve taken transactions that were already posted and put them in what seems to be limbo.. no longer on my statement anywhere. . . .

avatar Jenn

Take screen shots! When my husband and I banked with bank of america years ago we learned to either print off the screen or screen shot it nightly. They will unclear transactions, they will re arrange them and put your cash, direct or check deposits last. Anytime we had an issue with them doing this, we took the print outs into the bank and demanded our money back or the transactions arranged the way they were drawn. We saved ourselves 1000′s of dollars in fees. We always had an issue so it took us a while to be able to “fix” everything and close our account in good standing. We left and never looked back.

avatar Ned

Make sure you do screen shots before and after every transaction. I tried showing them to a service person at my local branch and they claimed i had photoshopped them well a court can see they weren’t. The person even threatened to call the police and i said go ahead. He didn’t but he denied me my funds back also in a very rude and crude manor. i had to leave before I hurt him and did get arrested. As I said earlier they embarrassed Us way beyond anyone can understand that wasn’t involved in this.

avatar Ned

I was just thinking, While watching a commercial about a law suit for bad hip replacements. Now when they do class action suits for things like that they get money for their. misfortune. I think we should get together and file another suit for our money back. the class action suit was filed for wronging us but we should be entitled to the lawyers fees which we never had a say in the court. The lawyers B of A hired to file this suit to cover their asses, should have gone after the lawyer fees also but they didn’t give a crap since they made out so wonderfully. If it were us indevidually we could have sued for the fees incured by their wronging us. Why did we pay the lawyers fees. I think we could find a lawyer that is willing to do it for say 5 million dollars out of $136,000,000 the case was won so it shouldn’t take much to win the right to our money owed to us. The 136 mil. is 1/3 of the original 410 mil. I’m sure the lawyers claimed the expenses were at least another $136,000,000. So thats $267,000,000 to split up between 13,200,000 of people wrongly charged. would give each of us another $10.35 each. Now is anyone else wondering how much B of A really got. $10.35 + $2.55 = $12.90 I received out of the roughly $1000 They took from me. I really want to see the facts behind all this and where the #’s came from. Did B of A volunteer the fake #’s I’m sure they did. At one point when it all first started to me they had taken my whole check. of almost $450 because they didn’t make the funds available on the date they said it would be The week before. My rent check was put on top of several debits i had made even though I had funds to cover them. I have since found out that If I had deposited my check through an ATM the funds are available for debiting after midnight but they still claim funds when deposited through a teller have a 3-5 day hold on them. I know all a new suit would do to them is hurt the CEO’s bonuses awe what a shame. Like any of us 13,200,000 really care about the thieves. Something more has to be done. I’d help but I’m not a proffessional pencil pusher,( I can stuff envelopes and run a printer. I can even lick stamps. Flexo has told me something of that nature when I tried to get a petition together To get B of A pay us back everything plus damages as they should have done). They embarrassed most of us in a way that the courts would probably agree with, If we actually got our say in the matter. I don’t see how sending out a postcard that most people probably threw away thinking it was junk mail, Could really be legal.

avatar pat

I am with you this hole class action is a joke.

avatar Ned

We’d need someone that is good with this sort of thing. I just did the math and if all of the 13,200,000 were charged just 1 overdraft the amount of the suit should have been $462,000,000 I know I had almost 30 fees charged that should never have been. I’m betting their are more like me than not if the average person over these years had 30 like me the #’s are more like $13,860,000,000 That is a very sickening thought that they made out like bandits. More than Bernie Madoff stole and he is in jail as he should be, Yet B of A got away with no fines sentences or even a slap on the wrist. Its not like they lost money from this. I just wish my typing and grammar were better so I could lead this. I acceled in Math and Science and got by, by the skin of my teeth in English.

avatar LEE SAVOY

Well today is the 29th and still no money from BOA how much longer will it be before i get anything? If anyone has the answer please point me in the right direction.

avatar fern

yes i got my check of 2.18 wonderful dollars woooo! . Think about it like this the lawyer an courts got at lease between 40 70 percent of that money regardless of who an what got scam out of our pockets, but i feel good for those who got some mediocre 200 300 or more cash as a result of being charge thousand like all of the people involve as trusting customers an trusting that the law will work for the people not just some an some a little better, best for the Who cares rite!. Then i think well at lease my 2.18 is worth a lot in other countries maybe im rich there maybe i can send it of to some one in need, that probably will cost more then what i can probably afford, but what we all need to know is that the owners of B.o.a aren’t cool because they steal . who are they any ways I did some researching an you would be surprise they should be call bank of china. I don’t care as i will try never to bank with them again. We need solutions, progress an jobs in America too.

avatar William

I don’t think its fair that the amount recieved on this thing went down . $22.91 does not even cover a $35 overdraft fee & extended overdfraft fees’ & I’m changing banks .

avatar kaye-ann

I receive my postcard with $15.28 whoa.this is crap after they took over $1500.00 from me I wrote them a letter and I refuse to change my check.They should be fair.about all this.

avatar Ned

Maybe we can file a suit against the Judge that ruled in their favor?

avatar lisa knight

I recived a letter that said single pay outs would be 5000. or more and if there were 2 accounts it would be 2500 . each and we hav a chance to appeal this dissision. I didnt appeal because the payout was susposta be 5000. if and when I get my check and it is not that much…..well I guess there should be a class action law suit against the law firm that miss represented this.

avatar Cyd Hannan

Been waiting for three years. How much longer?

avatar Amanda Ramirez

It is very hard for me to believe that some people received an amount larger than $100 in this lawsuit. If they did, they must of had $400,000 in overdrafts. From the looks of it, everyone received about 1% of what they paid in.

avatar Sharon

I am still waiting for anything from Bank of America. They screwed me so bad on these overdraft fees, it was and is sinister. Plus, on one occasion Bank of America lost my check which I deposited with them, which was written on my WAMU checking account. The check was made payable to cash and was deposited with BOA to ensure that no checks on my BOA would bounce. Ounce of prevention? Walked the check from one bank to BOA, across the street, and guess what BOA lost my deposit. I AM NOT KIDDING. How can you lose a check deposit when I gave it to the teller? A month later they still did not find it and of course, my checks started bouncing. I did not know this until received my statement, yet another 3 weeks later. Therefore, many checks bounced due to BOA’s negligence. They blamed it on the Federal Clearinghouse where they told me all checks go first. What? You mean if I walk a check from one bank to another across the street, it is shipped out somewhere else? I incurred so many overdraft fees for bills, etc. paid penalties, late fees, etc. plus the overdraft fees. This amounted to hundreds and hundreds of dollars and TO MAKE THE MATTER WORSE – AS IT WAS THEIR FAULT – they had the nerve to blacklist me from opening an account with any bank, stating that I owed them over $800.00. This Bank is the absolute worst. I hope they fail. Oh, to boot as they are so smart, they are one of the top banks that “own” so many foreclosed homes. What does that say? Still have no check….. love the justice here. I will not let this go. Lastly, where is all the interest gained on the wait time for the settlement????????????? HELLO?????? Someone pocketed this money people….

avatar Cynt

Report the check lost. The issuing company will put a trace on it to makw sure it has not been cashed. The good thing is if it was run through the banks machine, it prints…date time…teller…bank lication/number…account number deposited into.

The bank will suddenly find your check…claim it was deposited inro an error account…which translates into…an accounr set up by one of the banks employees as a means to embezzle money…

This happened to me…

avatar Ned

1% ? Shoot I didn’t even get .025% Had over $1000 and I received $2.55 That doesn’t even cover the interest for 3 years. I don’t know where Lisa Knight got her #’s from. @$5000 the suit would have had to be for $65,000,000,000 not counting the lawyers and expenses. Thats 158.54 times as much as the actual suit.

avatar mildred marshall

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WHY DID SOME PEOPLE GET $250. AND OTHER ONLY GOT 29. OR 9. DOLLARS WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN BACK WHAT
THAY TOOK THIS IS MAD

avatar LEE SAVOY

There were a hand full people who actually got $5000.00…. To all who got letters stating they would get that amount and didn’t, i would HIRE a ATTORNEY who is not AFRAID to play with the big BOYS…….. Do your own RESEARCH HERE will you, how much of this was made PUBLIC ON THESE SO CALLED ATTORNEYS web pages. And to what degree did they say to those who got letters saying they would get $5000.00 and now only pennies… Isn’t that FRAUD making these STATEMENTS then backing out, that piece of paper to those who have them is WORTH something if we all band together to make these LAWYERS show us PROVE of how the SETTLEMENT was ISSUED…..

avatar bob

Anyone posting they got several hundred are trolls, do not believe them!!

avatar Sherri Fuller Staton

I have not recive post card check. At all was going on?

avatar Juan

I received 2 checks for $12 each, but i just notice that chase is doing the same. They make money from all illigal overdraft fees,they invest then years later we get few dollars back and they keep everything else. Most of the financial institutions and the (judge) law are trained to get our money. I need more education to learn this tricky system. Any idea?

avatar gloria

I think we got taken advantage of by everyone involved! We were the attorneys way of making an income. It was stated in the court documents that each person would receive about $2,500.00. Couples $ 5,000.00. Did any one else see this? were used so attorneys would have enough people for their class action. We got a check for $20.00—-Attorneys made millions!!Something needs to be done I would have opted out ad I known they were just using my name to add to their millions!! I called attorneys in miami after i got my check and they told me it wasn,t about the money —it was about righting the banks wrong!!! so if thats the case whyed they get all the money??? I think complaints need to be filed against to Judge !

avatar Amanda Ramirez

I am all for going after these liars.

avatar Cynt

What they should have said is…it was never about the BoA customers getting their money back but about the lawyers getting it. John Grisham wrote a book about lawyers who “specialize” in class action suits…its never about the plaintiff but the lawyer getting filthy rich while the plaintiff still suffers. I would opt in if a lawyer took the case.

avatar LEE SAVOY

Wow i haven’t seen any check, has anyone here in the same shoe? And how do i findout if one was sent to me? So if anyone has the answer please reply thanks………

avatar Ken Arnold

Same here, nothing yet… :(

avatar Ned

I’m just curious and wondering how many besides me, Had all the fees charged at the same time they were collecting unemployment? Yes all my fees were during a time of unemployment. B of A knew because I was depositing my checks every week. If all your fees were charged during a time of unemployment please respond by replying “Me” to this post. I’m working on something that doubtfully but I’m hoping will get us our funds back. As I have said many times we were robbed by a Supposed reputable Business at a time of hardship. I think I may have found something that may get us 100% of restitution plus additional lawyers fees would be paid by B of A at their expense. I just need to know the # involved. Please be completely honest or you could face federal charges. As of now I’m hoping for a large response and if something does go as I plan .I will post a E-Mail address you’d need to respond to with your name and address when this happened but no info is needed at this time. I will keep you informed as I find out more. I will be waiting for responses till Dec. 27, 2012 then i will notify you with another post in here.

avatar pat

I was not getting unemployment but was and still getting social security. i thing i know what you are up to add me to it.

avatar Lolo

ME*** Hello, I am just now reading posts about this entire mess. So I am a little late in replying to your request. Was wondering if you had any updates or status on what you were planning. Thank you for any efforts you have put in for all of us who were flat-out robbed by these money hungry gluttonous pigs!

avatar Ned

Unfortunately you are the only one to respond to this as of yet.

So its off to plan 2 where we all bombard the FDIC who is responcible for returning any funds stolen from us while its in a bank. We were robbed in case you don’t understand the law. I hope most of you send them an E-Mail telling them we want all of our money back. This is what I sent the FDIC and I hope you all send something like this to them also. I think this should get us some recognition. It may also get things rolling toward restitution. We were robbed. Heres what I wrote.

I am a account holder at Bank of America and they keep changing the order of my transactions so it is impossible to see my true balance. I was involved in the bullshit class-action suit against them where they had stolen yes stolen over $1000 from me and I recently received a deposit into my account for the sum of $2.55. That was supposed to be my payback from them stealing from me.

Its my understanding that when someone steals they get sent to court and have to pay restitution for all they have stolen. I don’t see where $2.55 is payback from the thieves. I also have no idea how much is actually in my account because they rearrange debits so they can charge more for insufficient funds taking large amounts out before small amounts that were charged up to 6 days earlier and making it so people like me who keep track in there heads the order of charges and the amounts.

Is there any laws against that type of practice, I believe there must be or the class action suit would have never taken place. Yes Bank of America is still doing this and they have made a bit of my funds disappear by rearanging the order of charges. I’ll be waiting for a response to this and if i don’t get one, I’m posting this. We’ll see how many angry Bank of America customers bombard your inbox. I’m betting at least 1000 with-in a week.

This is the E-Mail address to the regulations deptment. regs@fdic.gov Please do yourselves and the rest of us the honor of getting involved, Or let the banks treat us like shit and rip us off as they please. This is no joke if you got robbed the FDIC is there to pay us back.

avatar Maddy

Sent an email know its not going to do any good . Once I heard something on the news. all I will keep sending emails

avatar pat

my email is p419ta@yahoo.com i did not cash my big check of $0.29 as yet that right $0.29 after 6 yeas of them ripping me off

avatar Mrs. Thomas

I sent a request for change of address the week of Thanksgiving. Just wondering if anyone else has sent the request and received a response from boa overdraft settlement. If so how long did it take before they responded.

avatar Ned

I wrote a letter to the FDIC and here is there response I received this morning. I wish I had received more responses to my earlier post so I could have shown them there is a big problem.

December 27, 2012

Ref. No: SCC2012N-001492-0

Re: Bank of America, National Association

Charlotte, North Carolina

Dear Mr. Ned

Thank you for contacting the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC’s mission is to ensure the stability of, and public confidence in, the nation’s financial system. To achieve this goal, the FDIC has insured deposits and promoted safe and sound banking practices since 1933.

In July 2010, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act was signed into law. The Act created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), which began handling consumer complaints on July 21, 2011. Based on our review of the issues you raise in your correspondence, we believe your concerns should be referred to the CFPB for assistance. We have taken the liberty of forwarding your correspondence to the CFPB at the address below.

Sincerely,

Consumer Response Center

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection

Consumer Response Center

1100 Walnut Street, Box #11

Kansas City, MO 64106

1-800-378-9581

Fax number 703-812-1020

cc/enc: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

P.O. Box 4503

Iowa City, IA 52244

Telephone: 855-411-2372

Website: http://www.consumerfinance.gov

This was my thank you response to them so far

Thank you very much. I don’t know what can be done but the money that Bank of America was taking from me caused me to be eviced while trying to survive on Unemployment. It was all part of the class action crap started by Bank of America to cover their butts and its not right for them to rearrange debits so they can collect the most possible I may had lost $105 according to my figures but they stole whole unemployment checks by the rearranging. They took well over $1000 from me and I got a lousy $2.55 from the supposed class action suit. Once again thank you very much.

Pat
You were the only response so You should write to CFPB yourself I guess since it would be more proffessional looking. I tried to get us help I’m going to wait and see what the CFPB has to say and I will post any response from them in here.

avatar Tammy Pruitt

My name is Tammy Pruitt and I am also upset about the amount of money I received back. I too lost more than I gain back from this unfair lawsuit. I read that each single family household would receive at least 5000.00 and married couples 2500.00. I would like to know what happen. I am in your corner and I would like to know what can I do? Please let me know how can I get involved!

Sincerely,

Tammy Pruitt

Where did you read people would receive $2,500 or $5,000? That’s the first I’ve heard about that. From what I had always seen, it was clear consumers would be getting back just a fraction of the fees the bank collected. I never heard anything official stating otherwise.

avatar Mary Mann

I was wondering how bank of america can take money from me every month for almost 7 years and i get a check for 40.00 . I no thats more then some of you have gotten . But its a bunch of poo that out of 410 million dollars thats what i get. No thats just wrong. I want to talk to the lawyers and who ever esle i want them to leave a day in my shoes. I m on ssi and i have very litte to work with and these Asses can just walk away no thats soooo wrong…… So someone could you please tell me who can help us all get what is right contract me Mary. mary_mann45@yahoo.com.Please there has to be someone to help us litte people. Thank you Mary.

avatar Cris

I received two post cards MONTHS ago regarding this…but have received no check or deposites into my account.

Were some people excluded? Was looking forward to receiving something of the 1000.’00′s taken from me.

?

avatar Robert Al Ramos

It is around a month and 1/2 since the so called checks were mailed, still not gotten any settlement. Called the number on the website multiple times where no one answers all you get is a automated service ? I even sent overnight express over a month ago nothing?

avatar LavenalGeorge

We received a postcard in Nov. or Dec. 2012. It was addressed to my son who deceased in Dec.2010. Are we eligible to have the check written to us instead, as we are the parents. My son was single.

avatar heather carnline

Luke. I also got cards two of them saying that you could get up to 5000.00 pure clame (cards) that you get in the mail..I was looking fourward also of that but I got one check for two dollards and a few cents . Needless to say It ain’t worth the gas going to cash it so I still have mine …its a shame they should of just laughed in our faces because less that’s just what they done thanks god bless

avatar Debra

its funny, i never received anything from Bank of America. They are quick to overdraft you even if its their mistake but not quick to give it back. I received the postcard telling me i had to do nothing if i was involved, a deposit would automatically be deposited into my account. Nothing, no deposit and no postcard check. This is all a joke. Switching banks 1st chance i get thats for sure.