Consumerism Commentary Podcast. During April, with the help of Tom Dziubek, a former podcaster from the Wall Street Journal, we launched the Consumerism Commentary Podcast. Tom and I will work to bring listeners interesting stories and interviews with people who matter in the world of personal finance. Last week, the first edition of the podcast featured an interview with Peter Pham, CEO of Billshrink.com, fitting in with that day’s theme of financially surviving a recession.
The second edition of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast will be published tomorrow afternoon, and it will feature interviews with Dr. Bonnie Eaker Weil and Aaron Patzer from Mint. You can download the full second episode early if you sign up for the Consumerism Commentary weekly email newsletter:
The email address you enter will not be shared with anyone else, and I will not use it for any other purpose than sending you the newsletters. I won’t send you any junk mail or sell your information to another entity.
Social media. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter, a social media services based on short personal updates. My updates tend to be somewhat random non sequiturs but occasionally I might write about something pertaining to personal finance. I don’t simply duplicate my RSS feed.
If you do, however, prefer to receive notifications of new Consumerism Commentary articles on twitter, follow ConsumerismComm as well.
Best of Consumerism Commentary, April 2009. Here are some of the most popular articles published on Consumerism Commentary in April. If you missed them this past month, take a look.
- Watch Out for the Making Work Pay Credit (2009 Economic Stimulus)
- Number One Frugality Tip: Don’t Be a Woman
- The Money Basics series: Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, APR and APY, and Budgets
- Resume Dos and Don’ts (Plus Resume Makeovers) (by Ginger)
- Suze Orman Says Stop Paying Off Debt
- Basics of 2009 Energy Efficient Tax Credits (by Smithee)
- Are You a High-Yield Interest Rate Chaser?
- The Recession Finally Hits My House (by Smithee)
- Why Be Wealthy? Focus on Real Goals, Not Net Worth
- Basics of the Fair Tax (by Smithee)