Don’t forget! Consumerism Commentary is in the running to win a few Plutus Awards. The Plutus Awards are designed to celebrate the best personal finance resources such as books, savings accounts, and blogs. Vote here now before the deadline on March 16. The finalists were selected from among those that received the highest number of nominations in each category.
To be honest, since I created the awards, I am not completely comfortable being in the final running. If I do happen to win a Plutie — and given the number of fans some of the larger blogs have, it’s unlikely — I will pass the prize along to the next highest in the category.
Best of Consumerism Commentary, February 2010
- Needs Versus Wants: The Great Spending Debate
- Take a New Inventory of Your Credit Cards or Pay New Fees
- How to Handle Requests for Financial Advice
- New Credit Card Rules Take Effect Today
- How to Get Audited By the IRS
- Am I a Jerk at Work?
- Realistic Expectations for Making Money Through Blogging
- Variety of Savings Accounts: Where I Keep My Cash
- Which Should You Pay First: Credit Cards or Mortgage?
- Creating a Risk-Free Retirement Plan
- My Current Spending Vices and Devices: Photography and Coins
The Consumerism Commentary Podcast featured more excellent topics and guests including behavioral economics with Gary Belsky, tax tips for big life changes with Bob Meighan, Financial Samurai, and Toyota recalls with Jeff Bartlett from Consumer Reports.
In a few hours, Tom Dziubek and I will be recording a podcast with J.D. Roth from Get Rich Slowly about his new book, Your Money: The Missing Manual. Stay tuned; it will be an exciting show and you will hear it first here on an upcoming Sunday.
Join the community
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- Add Consumerism Commentary to Google’s home page or Google Reader
- Free daily digest of new Consumerism Commentary articles via email
- Free somewhat-weekly newsletter with exclusive content and giveaways
- Follow Consumerism Commentary on Twitter by following @luke_landes and @ConsumerismComm
- Become a fan of Consumerism Commentary on Facebook
Updated June 24, 2016 and originally published March 3, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.