Here are some posts from other bloggers that I have enjoyed this week:
* JLP talks about new savings programs for the working poor. Many of the working poor are inelgible for welfare, so these programs encourage them to create savings.
* Five Cent Nickel encourages registration of domain names — it’s cheap and easy these days. I have too many domain names at the moment, I’ll probably let a few expire.
* Free Money Finance reviews Mind over Money by Eric Tyson and loves it.
* Jim takes a cue from my thoughts about buying vs. renting and calls me out for not developing a five year plan. If I had a plan, “Developing a plan” would be the first item on the list.
Here are some more:
* MyMoneyBlog considers using accrual basis accounting for managing his personal finances.
* Frugal for Life reviews The Toothpaste Millionaire by Jean Merrill.
* Savvy Saver sniffs out suspicious advice regarding cash-out refinancing.
* Jeffrey talks about his experience at ebessan, where he prayed to the god of wealth for good luck in the coming year.
Update: Here’s a good one I just noticed:
* Madame X suggests sensory deprivation as a demotivator for spending money, after being inspired through her meeting a professional dominatrix.
Updated June 15, 2006 and originally published January 13, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.