Didn’t Receive Your Economic Stimulus Payment Yet?

Welcome to Consumerism Commentary. If you are new here, consider subscribing to our RSS feed (more info here). Consumerism Commentary always has the latest information about the economic stimulus payment.

Several disappointed people contacted me today. They expected to receive their economic stimulus payment deposited into their bank account today but they have not seen the deposit posted online yet. According to the payment schedule, individuals whose Social Security numbers end with two digits between 00 and 20 and who have direct deposit banking information on file with the IRS should have received their deposit by today.

If you’re looking for your money, check the schedule first to ensure you’re not jumping the gun. Keep in mind that this schedule is only “accurate” for those who filed their taxes by the usual deadline.

After you’ve verified that the government expected you to receive your payment already, you can fill in a form online to ask the IRS about the status of your payment. This form will apparently only work for those who filed their tax returns over 6 weeks ago, so it sounds like the government may be late with some payments depending on when you filed.

Don’t confuse the “where’s my stimulus payment?” form with the “where’s my refund?” form.

Important clarification! It’s important to consider that if you filed your taxes through a third party like H&R Block or Turbotax, you may have opted for an accelerated refund in the form of a refund anticipation check, refund anticipation loan, or similar product. If you received an accelerated refund, you will receive your stimulus rebate (if you qualify) via paper check, not direct deposit. Also, if your tax preparer deducted any fees from your tax refund, your stimulus payment will arrive via paper check, not direct deposit. Furthermore, if you filed through a third party and owed taxes, the IRS will not have your direct deposit information, so if you qualify for a stimulus payment you will receive it via paper check.

TurboTax is Easy, Free Edition, Fast Refund

Updated September 17, 2011 and originally published May 2, 2008. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.

avatar jemady

We filed via Turbo Tax in Feb. We did not OWE money. Got our refund in Feb. via DD. Our scheduled stimulus date was today and it was in our account first thing this morning.

avatar ang62

I filed my taxes with the turbo tax and received it by direct deposit on feb8. I should have gotten my stimulus payment may9. It has not been deposited to my account. Irs website has no information on it. I am really upset because my daughters prom is friday can someone tell me whats going on???????????

avatar Justin

I was expecting my stimulus payment today, but it is 5:30 PST now and it is still not showing in my bank account.
I saw a post that said if you have certain types of debt your stimulus payment will go towards that. Is that true? Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of this? Why give the money to big companies? I don’t get it.

avatar bumming

I read your post and called the IRS, waited 30 min. I was told that the child tax credit didn’t matter. I then asked about the earned income credit. I was then on hold for another 15 min. He came back and said no. I then said no to it doesn’t matter or no check. He said no check. I then called a friend who got her’s today. She didn’t pay any taxes and two kids, I have 3. She got the EIC and she got the rebate. So the question is do they know what they are talking about.

avatar Sherri

Bumming,
If you made over 3,000 then you qualify! Please go to IRS.GOV and do the estimator to figure your rebate. Your tax liability is the rebate you receive, plus $300 per child. The child tax credit you received is to reduce your tax liability. THAT IS THE MONEY YOU GET BACK. IRS people really do not know what the heck they are even talking about. I just wonder how many of them their are and how much training they actually receive to take these calls. The IRS site will answer all of your questions…..good luck

avatar molly

So if I filed head of household with 4 exemptions and also got the child tax credit…I won’t get a rebate? I would be considered no tax liability?

avatar bumming

Thank you for your reply. I have used the estimator on the irs site, it says I will get 1500. I have also used other estimators as well and they come up with the same figure. My friend and I have searched every place about the EIC and find nothing. I also have friend who have got a letter explaining how much they will get,I haven’t got this letter.

avatar Sherri

Molly,
You will get a rebate. The child tax credit you received reduces your tax liability. That child tax credit you received……….you’ll received it again in your rebate…..goto IRS.GOV and do the estimator.

Bumming,
The letter will come when you already have received your rebate…if your getting a check, it may go out the same day. I got my refund this morning DD, but not the letter. Have you gone to IRS site and used the “where’s my stimulus refund”? Now may be the best time, if your ss# is due for payment, then it’s gonna be there, the information will show up when they are getting ready to send it. That link don’t always show information available even if you KNOW your week for payment has arrived.

avatar Valerie

My dd is scheduled for May 16th last two of my social are 82. I have tried several times the “Where Is My Stimulus Payment on irs.gov. It says informantion is not available. I have now tried the phone number listed here 1-866-234-2942. It says at firs no information is available then at the end of the call it says your check will be mailed July 4th. (this is the correct date for my ss# IF it was to be mailed.) I filed for free on turbo tax with nothing taking out of my refund and had dd so………….I am real confused about what is going on. Can anyone help? My dd from income tax says US TREASURY so that is the IRS not turbo tax.

avatar jarrod

We received our refund through DD back in March. We used Turbotax and had our fees paid through the refund. My question is this: Last year I received my refund through DD by the govt. Will the IRS check previous returns to see if their is a valid bank account or will they only go through this years return? We were anticipating our refund to arrive next week and now we might have to wait until July 4th! I will never use Turbotax again.

avatar CBH

I filed “married filing jointly”. When I use the calculator is shows a rebate of $600.00. Does that mean a total of $600.00 or $600.00 each. I’m confused and cannot find the information I’m looking for on any of the websites.

avatar yourdumb

Your dumb! There is no class action lawsuit against HR block for this, they did nothing wrong. Your a moron to think otherwise.

avatar need the money

filed jan 28th, oops should have waited,got 1099 for interest of 31.00 payed by the irs in 07. got return 2nd week of feb, but amended april 1st .owed 7.00 whooping dollars back . irs cashed the check april 14th. called irs and was told I got a check in 07 for 144.00 owed to us and 24.00 was the intetest. ( from amended 2004 taxes)interesting 7.00 differance hummmmmmmmm.wonder what the other 7.00 interest was for and now I paid them that back 7.00. supposed to get stimulus payment may 9th ss#75 direct deposit refund. recieved a letter today, said payment by the 9th(yesterday) no payment . strange thing the letter is dated may 12th. hummmmmmmm that’s monday??? the back of the letter say’s” in review , that our payment is being delayed because of a rewiew. anyone know if this is because of that darn 7.00 check i sent to the that has aleady cleared??? really pissed!

avatar Tamra

Valerie,
I had the same exact situation. I couldn’t get any info through the irs website and I ended up finding out through the hotline (the same one you called) that my DD was scheduled for the 9th of May. I only found out that info 2 days before I got it. I think that if you wait a few days and try again, it will probably have your info updated. I received my DD deposit with no problems. I used turbotax free edition and had no fees taken out also.

avatar Patti

My Last digits are 69 and should have gotten mine on the 9th but didn’t receive the DD. I checked the where’s my stimulus payment and it said it had no specific info on my refund. So now what? No refund? How depressing this is for one that was really counting on it. Any suggestions for the next step for me to do is well appreciated.

avatar mark

For those expecting a DD rebate payment by 5/16 based upon their ssn and they aren’t covered by any of the known issues (commercial preparer, etc.) check your status at the irs tracking tool. Their systems seem to have just updated Monday morning. This assumes you already filed your return by 4/15, tax return already processed, you already got your DD tax REFUND (not rebate) on the normal 2-3 weeks schedule for tax refunds.

avatar V

I just scan through some material and there is a big issue with third party tax preparers. If you recieved a RAL refund, etc. you will be getting a paper check. It’s typical the gov’t can point and us and poop on us at will.

avatar Jillyan

Like Sandra, I too unfortunately received the same message…“We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus payment is not available.” But, after reading several cases from people who filed through TurboTax and choose to reduce their refund by the filing fee amount, we “DO NOT qualify” for direct deposit of the Stimulus Payment. I was expecting to receive this payment by May 9, now I have to wait until June 13. :( ::exhales::

avatar disgruntled

Don’t stress too much over the “economic stimulus” refund, because they will most likely rip you off too and only give you a portion of what they said you would get. We got ours and only got 1200 for a married couple with 3 kids- according to what the news kept reporting- married couple gets 1200 plus 300 per child= 2100? Wrong! More government BS. Good luck all. They fail to tell you that the 1200 per married couple is ONLY If both work and have over 3000 for the year in a W2, so so much for stay at home moms, per usual! They also fail to tell you that “qualifying child” means they had to be less than 17 by Jan 1, 2008, so again so much for the child you claim that is in college! Ya get NADA for them, even though tuition is going through the roof! And they also fail to tell you that your refund is limited to the amount you would have owed in taxes before the credits are calculated on your 2007 return, which means if you had a ZERO tax due before say the EIC or Additional Child tax credit, you get ZERO rebate. Have fun stimulating the economy on way less than you were told you were getting!

avatar Sherri

dear disgruntled.
The stimulus rebate for married couples is between $600-1200. The tax liablility on your 1040 determines your stimulus payment, plus 300 for each child. If you didn’t have a tax liablility over $1,200 then you don’t get the $1,200. The people who payed over $1,200 will get ONLY $1,200.

avatar Jeff

I received a similar notice today. I’ve dialed the IRS hotline and I’m enjoying Swan Lake while I wait. We filed on time and received a direct deposit refund, but had to amend our return because the IRS was late in getting out a form we needed. The letter says we will receive the amount we expected by May 9th, but the back of the letter says our payment is under review.

avatar michelle

I called to check on my stimulus rebate last week I was told it would be direct deposited in my account on the 9th then to find out they didnt credit my dependent because they said the box wasn’t check on my original return next to qualifying dependent after I got off of the phone I checked the copy of my electronically filed return and the box was marked so I cant recieve that 300 until I file my taxes next year and to top it all off my deposit wasn’t made so I called again well apparently if you used turbo tax or h&r block you will recieve a paper check. I just want to know whos screw up is this the irs or the tax software

avatar bmsm30

We filed our Federal return through Tax Act and our deposit was due in our account on May 9, have not seen a thing. Was told expect a check. We did not get and RAL, but had a fee deducted from our refund. Does that mean we wait? Anyone else file using Taxactonline?

Bmsm30: Yes, if you had fees deducted from your refund, your rebate will be in the form of a check.

avatar bmsm30

Thanks, I guess we wait like everyone else.

avatar Donna

The only way to know exactly what you are getting back is to use the calculator on the IRS site. You will have to input specific information from your return and it will tell you exactly what you will get back.

No one on here can tell you how much you should get back but this calculator will. It’s specific to you and your return.

My last 2 digits are 48. I used direct deposit and used taxact online. My direct deposit tax rebate was deposited on the date according to the schedule, on May 9th.

A word of caution, don’t EVER use money you don’t have yet, it’s easy to get yourself in a big financial bind doing so. I didn’t plan a penny of mine until I saw it hit my account. You never know what could happen. 3 years ago our federal refund was taken by IN State because they said that my husband owed $900.00 in back child support, he didn’t, and we had to file to get that money back and it took 2 months. Of course we were expecting our refund because we knew it wouldn’t be used to offset anything, but IN state made a mistake. So don’t ever assume that your money will not be held for any reason because you CAN be a victim of a mistake on some other entity’s part.

Donna: That’s good advice, don’t ever use money you don’t have in your bank account yet.

But beware — the IRS’s calculator provides an *estimation* just like the calculator here at Consumerism Commentary. At least with the calculator here, I can see the programming and verify that it follows the letter of the law. At the IRS website, the calculation is done behind the scenes, so you never know.

Also, with the calculator here, there are explicit instructions to help you provide the correct numbers.

Any calculation is only as good as the data you enter (and no, the IRS calculator does not take numbers from your actual return, you have to enter your numbers manually).

avatar WHOEVER

WHY WOULD ANYONE WRITE A CHECK BASED ON ANTICIPATED FUNDS? COME ON!!!

FOR ALL YOU FOLKS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REBATE SCHEDULE-PERHAPS IRS SHOULD DEDUCT IT NEXT YEAR.

STOP COMPLAINING!!

avatar Jim

I was scheduled to get my stimulus via direct deposit by May 9th based on my SS# according to the IRS website. And…. It happened just as the IRS stated. The deposit was cleared through my bank checking account on May 9th as advertised!

avatar Michael

Hello every one, I was in the second round of stimulus payments and have not gotten a thing. I use TAXACT on line with no fees taken out free file and inputed for direct deposit my last two digits of my SS# is 48. This whole thing with the schedule is a utter mess. I’m still waiting and thats all I can do. Calling the IRS is impossible checking where is my stimulus payment to only get your information is not available yet just made me more frustrated. I’m just going to sit back and wait and hopefully get a suprise one day.

avatar Patti

Yes I used Tax Act and I also didn’t get mine on the 9th. I call the 800 number and it has no specific information for me and I haven’t received a letter either. I’m still in the dark about what to expect. If you hear anymore let me know. I only had the state filing fee taken from my state refund and the federal was free so I didn’t have a fee due there.

avatar Patti

I think you have the right idea. I am tired of stressing over it, besides, what good does that do? I think I will sit back right along with you.

avatar nardeezy

We didn’t get our rebate by 5/9 via DD as I was expecting. I did a little bit of research and found this:

Basically, I had all of my tax preparation fees (federal and state e-filing) deducted from my refund using Santa Barbara Trust and because of that they will mail the rebat check.

avatar phyllis

I filed my taxes all on my own. Mailed it in, and got my refund mid-February by direct deposit. My SS ends in 15 and I not only have not received a stimulus payment, but none of the tools to check the status will work. Both the web site and the 866# above tell me that information is unavailable. The best I can determine from information available I SHOULD be getting a payment,and maybe it will be mailed on May 23. But I cannot get any more information. I tried to talk to a person and the recording and it said “due to the volume of calls” to call back. I don’t expect any answers here…just wanted to vent!

avatar mirkadmom

Did anyone recieve their check in the mail yet? hubby’s soc is 01 so according to all the things i read was saying that checks were gonna start going out on the 9th is that true?

avatar Dannyboy217

Mailed checks begin Friday May 16.

avatar mirkadmom

but i thought they pushed the dates up a week?

avatar chuck

not alone my last 2 numbers are 66 and have direct deposit and recieved a letter telling me to expect deposit into my bank account by may, 9 what up gov

avatar Madman

Not much of a economic stimulus plan if the government tells you “you’re getting $1500″ then sends you a letter saying “your wife was overpaid SSI monies 3 yrs ago when you weren’t even with her, but to bad for you…we’re going to keep the money we wanted you to go out and spend to stimulate this p*#s poor economy with anyway.” Just more govermental BS!!! It’s no wonder this country is spiraling down into the abyss.

avatar wolf24

I have not recieved my Stimulus Payment yet and I set it for direct deposite, My ex wife takes my tax returns because of child support… Will the Stimulus payment go to her as well?? Or will I really see this money?

avatar nerb70

Last week when I called the IRS, they told me they were still processing the prior weeks batch of stimulus payments. Not sure if they are behind, but could be!! Good Luck everyone, just wait patiently!

avatar Patti

I ALSO USED TAXACT. THE ONLY FEES I PAID WAS FOR THE STATE REFUND AND NOT FOR THE FEDERAL. MY #’S ARE 69 BUT I STILL HAVEN’T RECEIVED MINE. WHEN I ASKED “WHERE’S MY STIMULUS PAYMENT” IT SAYS THAT THEY HAVE NO SPECIFIC INFORMATION FOR ME. I GIVE UP, IF I GET IT, I GET IT, IF NOT THEN SO BE IT.

THANKS FOR YOUR INFO THOUGH ABOUT USING THE TAXACT ONLINE METHOD. AT LEAST I KNOW THAT IT WASN’T ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEIR SITE.

avatar crissy

I’m confused because I used turbotax. I owed taxes. I paid by credit card. But, at the end turbotax asked if I wanted my stimulus check direct deposited? I chose yes and typed my bank account info. Why did it ask this?

avatar mikim

Yeppie!! Mines said it would be there 05/16 and it is in my bank account early!! Yeppie! Now I have to go pay some bills….

avatar crissy

following up with my last comment number 143. I got it dd today.

avatar DMD

(quote) Furthermore, if you filed through a third party and owed taxes, the IRS will not have your direct deposit information, so if you qualify for a stimulus payment you will receive it via paper check.(/quote)

Ah Ha! Thanks Flexo, this is the information I’ve been looking for for the past week! I owed the gov’t a pittance ($30) and filed online via TurboTax back in March. According to the IRS web site, I thought I was due my stimulus via Direct Deposit check on 5/9. I guess i have to wait until 6/6 for it via check.

The IRS should do a better job making this clear.

avatar Aaron

The letter I got from the IRS said I should expect my rebate check by 5/16/08, today and of course it wasn’t in the mail. My numbers are 03 and had heard they moved up the mailings one week to last Friday but obviously that wasnt true so the letter I got is less useful than toilet paper as it wasnt right. I called into the IRS today and was told…oh no…even though the letter says expect your payment on 5/16/08…..it really means it will be mailed on 5/16/08….if thats the case why not use the word mailed in the letter??

avatar Claire

I just now talked to someone at the IRS. My huband’s last two ss is 11. He said that it would be put in the mail on 5/23. I don’t know if any of the “they’re going out early stuff” is correct. It doesn’t seem like it. He also told me that the checks are going out from Texas. So be sure to figure on snail mail time from there to whatever state you are in!

avatar nerb70

The whole taxact stuff, goes like this. If you had the fee’s taken out of your refund, expect a check in the mail. Otherwise, if you paid for your fee’s using a credit card, expect Direct Deposit. That is how I understand it.

avatar jaman

I had a fee taken out when i did my taxes, and chose direct deposit for my tax return. I understand that i will be receiving a paper check for the stimulus payment, was just wondering if anyone knew what schedule i would go with then, do i go with the schedule of direct deposit still or the schedule of when the paper checks are being sent out.

avatar nerb70

Comment to 150, you now follow the paper check schedule.

avatar rrpostal

Anyone with a number in the 20s recieve their check yet or the letter saying they will get a check? Or for that matter can anyone who is now getting a paper check (thanks turbotax) from the may 30 group see their info yet on the IRS site?

I can’t believe they don’t have a system whereby you can see your info and KNOW that they haven’t forgotten about you. It would solve A LOT of this worry if they didn’t have the darned “we don’t know who the heck you are, don’t bug us for a month or so” message. Because essentially that’s all the site tells you. If I was sure they knew who I was, I’d be patient and wait my turn. It just seems sort of mean that you know some people will be left out “by accident”. It’s like they make it just enough that you really want it, but not enough to help much. It’s an unbelievable cluster that will be much funnier once I get $1000 in my account.

avatar Anger

THIS IS BULLSHIT!
we did it by the book.
we did our taxes electronically.
we paided for the services out of our bank accounts.
But some how this BULLSHIT seems to follow us.
Its May 18 i was supposes to receive my Stimulus package Direct Deposit on May 9th.
But now a week later nothing.
the irs “wheres my shit” page on the irs webpage is retarded nothing up to date.
See this is what i come to expect from anything promised by Bush and his group of mary morons.

failure.

I’m just sick of this.
DIRECT DEPOSIT MY ASS!
how many feel out there feel like me.

like i have been lied to.

avatar Shelly

I feel the same. SS# 78, IRS website said it should be DD 5/16 Banked on it, we filed early paid with my debit card, had refund direct deposited. I have not received it yet. They wont know anything more until the 21st. I will not be stimulating any economy with my money. I will use it to pay my bills. This is annoying.

avatar Jenn

We did our taxes through TurboTax in late January, and had our refund (via SBBT, since we chose to have our fees deducted from our refund) in our bank account by early February. At the very end of March, I submitted form 1040x, for an energy credit and to report some more income (about $8k worth). We’re due back a refund of $178 from that amendment.

Fast forward to May 12th. We finally get a notice, telling us to expect our payment on 5/16/08. Yet on the back of the notice, there’s a blurb about our account being under review.

Not surprisingly, May 16th came and went. No payment. :(

avatar Patti

Yes, I also used taxact online and I too have not seen anything. I check on the status and it tells me it “has no specific information about it”. So, there you go.

avatar tim

we filed our taxes in feb. and paid my fees by credit card. we were suspose to recieve our direct deposit on the 16th but like most everyone on here we were disapointed to find no money does anyone know how you can really talk to a living person from the irs instead of a freaking recording? I also used taxcut on line

avatar Pam

I go on the irs website and Yes I know I am getting a paper check but my SS# 31 still shows nothing BUT my brother has the same SS# but with 36 and his shows 5/30? Has this happened to anyone else?

avatar Pam

We are getting a paper check and our SS# is 31 and the website shows no info BUT my brothers is 36 and his shows for 5/30…..and we do our taxes the same way!!! I don’t know…are they really doing it in order/

avatar Sherri

The irs website doesn’t always show the information. I checked mine early morning and it showed…..just for kicks I checked again and it said no information available…..then late at night I checked and it said the information….it’s not reliable. But my DD went in on the day it said the first time I got the information….so just keep trying. Peak internet times seem to be when the info won’t show.

avatar rrpostal

Well I’ve check half a zillion times and always got the “no specific info” page. My number ends in -25. I was originally expecting DD but then the TT fiasco happened so now I understand paper. Finally today I get specific info on the site that tells me how much I’m getting and when it’s scheduled. I assume the letter with that info is on the way also. I wish they’d just throw the check in with it but now that I know I’m on their list I will chill out and wait. I never wanted to hand wring over the whole process it just seemed like the way they set it up only made me more nervous as time went on. The rules changed and they had no information about me specifically. I think I’ll still have it in time for vacation so all is well.

avatar Mandii

I used Tax Act this year to file my taxes. I owed money and gave my banking info for it to be deducted directly from my account. I understand that since I’ve used a “third party” the IRS does not have my banking information. However, my dad used Turbotax, got his REFUND and his rebate on time…??? I’m thoroughly confuzzled. :):)

I was scheduled to receive a rebate on May 16, but yet, nothing. Can anyone lend some insight?

avatar Mandii

oh, and yeah, I did file on time.

Mandii: If you *owed* taxes when filing, then you will receive a paper check for your rebate (if you qualify). That’s why you won’t receive a direct deposit.

If you were owed a refund, like your dad, *and if you didn’t have filing fees deducted from your refund* then you have the posibility of receiving your rebate through direct deposit.

This is explained clearly in the last paragraph of the post at the top of this page.

avatar Dana

Do you have the number to the IRS? I would like to call them and can’t find a number.

avatar Claire

to all of those wanting to know how to talk to a live person @ the IRS-just call the toll free # and press 1 for English, then when it prompts again, press nothing. You may be on hold for a while, but you WILL eventually talk to someone:)The # is: 1-866-234-2942

avatar Isa

I tried multiple times the trick to talk to someone at the IRS: call the toll free number, press 1 for english and then do not press any number when prompt and it didn’t get me anywhere…

We are in the total dark as to whether or not we are eligible, how much and if we get anything when. My understanding is yes for $1800 and by paper-check since we used tax sw and deducted our sw fee from our refund. We get no info through the IRS website either.

I’m a stay-at-home mom, so no $600 for me? Or is that bull?

avatar jemady

Lsa..not true. I don’t work but we got $1500. $600 for each of us and $300 for our son. Did you owe or did you get a refund? How did you file?

avatar jaman
avatar Isa

Thanks, that’s good news.

We filed joined, got a refund using direct deposit but we used TaxCut and had the costs deducted. So, I’m pretty sure we’ll get a paper check. However, we still don’t know when, looks like July 11 the SSN ending in 99 and not having received any notification, I am not even a 100% sure we will get it although we should.

avatar PetGuy

I don’t know whats going on – my SSN ends in 25, I did my taxes myself and mailed it in early April. I was suppose to get a DD on May 9th but here it is May 22nd and I haven’t even received a notice I was getting anything. Have two kids, filed married joint was suppose to get $1800. There’s no information for me anywhere! I had to pay taxes but I filled out all the DD info on my tax form and DID NOT use a third party – my dad did the same thing and he owed taxes and he got his DD on May 2nd! Will I ever get the money??

avatar jemady

Petguy, In order for you to have received your DD on the schedule, they had to have PROCESSED your tax return at least 6 weeks before April 15th. If you only mailed it in early April, then the scheduled dates won’t apply.

avatar paul from li

Can someone post to let me know if they’ve had success tracking their overdue stimulus payment by either calling an IRS rep or speaking to one at a local office? Mine was due by May 9th; paid tax due by check and entered direct deposit information on the 1040 but “Where’s My Stimulus Payment” reveals that information about my payment is not available. My hunch is that my return was processed for a manual check, which is why no info has been provided — even though I indicated direct deposit. Lacking confidence in the feds at this time. BTW, jemady, where did you get the info about IRS processing at least 6 weeks before April 15th for the scheduled dates to apply?

avatar jemady

Paul, If you PAID taxes then you won’t receive DD. Check the dates for the paper checks and you SS and that is the date you should receive your paper check. It doesn’t matter that you included your DD info. Only those who had a REFUND DD(without 3rd parties or fees taken out) will get their stimulus DD.

avatar randy

I should have got my “rebate” on May 9th. It’s now May25th. It was direct deposit. When I go to the IRS website to check, it says they have no information.
Is this typical of all government agencies, or do they just not have enough money and are afraid to tell us that?
My heart goes out to those on SS or Medicare, if this is the type of thing they have to deal with on a monthly basis.

avatar GA

According to the IRS Stimulus Payment website I was supposed to receive my check on May 16th. I checked other pages of that website and another page said that it would come within two weeks of that date. I called the Stimulus Payment Hotline and the recording said something about JULY! So, which one is correct?? Obviously NOT the May 16th date. I sent in my 1040 that THEY SENT ME with instructions on how to file for this payment in MARCH! I filled it out for direct deposit and I have seen nothing. They say I will get a notice in the mail about when I’m getting my check..Right. There isn’t even a way to make sure they received the 1040 that they sent me to fill out! Why isn’t there a way to make sure they received the tax document?? This whole thing sucks! I’m trying not to even expect Anything at this point.

avatar Beth

I received letter yesterday 5-27 of amount of rebate and said should received it by 5/30. Last two digits are 20.

avatar stimulus expectant

I called and talked to an IRS agent on the stimulus money. I met all the criteria on getting a payment, the six week wait from filing, the direct deposit number and paying for the taxcut fees from my credit card. He told me the wait is 60 days, and that if you owed money to the IRS with your return and had it taken out of your direct deposit account, you are put into a seperate category and will not have your return processed for the stimulus payment until all other returns are processed who are getting rebates, even if they were not direct deposit. So by my calculations I won’t get a payment until the last part of July.

avatar Pam

I had the same situation as #178 But mine is scheduled on the IRS website for 6/6 and I called the IRS and said it was scheduled to fly that day…no delays…. FYI Good Luck!

avatar Molly

I wanted to let everyone know that my co-worker has received his paper check via mail on the date as scheduled. He also stated that he received his notice 1 week prior to his check. His ss# 13. I am still waiting on mine that is scheduled for June 13. He is the only person that I know that has received a paper check…thought I would share.

avatar racheal

My husband and I thought we would receive $1200 but only received $600. I didn’t realize that filing separately would have lessened the amount received. However, if we would have filed jointly, we would have paid almost $700 in taxes…..I discussed this with my family and they thought we should have received the full amount from what they had read. Has anyone else had this issue?

avatar PetGuy

Finally got my rebate – 3 weeks late, but better late than never! And that is not true about if you PAID you will not receive a DD because I paid taxes with my credit card and I still got mine DD.

avatar peachy pecan

last 2 digits 80′s, I am waiting on a paper check because I used dumb H& R Block. I thought if you made under a certain amount a year the filing was supposed to be totally free, but guess what, at the end of all the number crunching they charged me! anyway, I wont be using them again. If anyone out there has received a paper check with last 2 digits in the 80′s please post here and let us know, the date you received your notice and date you received your paper check!!

avatar jarrod

Used Turbo Tax, deducted the fees, now getting a paper check. We put my wife’s info in first on our return and her SS ends in 83. My SS ends in 01. Yeah, we are a little pissed about that mistake. I have not heard about checks for numbers in 80′s coming out any sooner than the original date of July. I hope that they come out sooner. What a fiasco this has turned out to be.

avatar Kesler

What if I paid/owed on my income taxes? I find very little info on this out there… I can’t believe more Americans don’t end up owing a little at the end of the year. Doesn’t it bother you that the government is siphioning more money out of your paycheck than they are owed? [Steps off soapbox] Anyhow, I put in the ABA routing number etc in the “Amount you owe” area of the electronic 1040, and eFiled through the IRS’s FreeFile program (using a company called TaxSlayer). There were no preparation fees, just the taxes that I owed. A few days later, an ACH payment was debited from my checking account with the description of “IRSTAXPAYMENT” (isn’t it funny how they can debit checking accounts so quick, while refunds can take weeks?). It is June, 7 weeks after my eFile was accepted — what is my schedule? Will it be ACH or check? Why can’t the IRS use clear language and simplify these things… even if they just said 8-12 weeks like all the mail-in rebate people do, that’d be better. All in all, I’m very patient and haven’t called them yet… it’ll eventually show I’m sure, but this is supposed to be a stimulus payment. I’d like to get it while the dollar is still worth something so that I can go out and do my patriotic duty of… converting it over to gold and saving it :)

avatar Sarah

From everything I’ve read we should have received our payment direct deposit on the 9th of May. I filed in early February with CAP, a free filing service, and received my refund direct deposit. Our SS #’s both end in the 20-70 group or whatever it is and we have no back taxes, student loans, or fees to be deducted. The only thing I can think of that may cause a delay is we bought 2 savings bonds for our kids out of the amount we were to be refunded. Does anyone know if that could cause us to receive a paper check instead.

avatar No check yet

My husband should have had his check two weeks ago according to the schedule but it hasn’t arrived. I find it interesting there isn’t a phone number to call to find out what’s up. Or maybe it takes that long to get it. Anyone know?

avatar Dominique

Thanks Beth, #177 above. Our ss ends in 81. Filed and rec’d DD refund in Feb. Supposed to received refund on 5/16. Still nothing…perhaps we’ll receive a notice about our refund in a couple weeks.

Well, this is a mess!

avatar T

When my husband and I filed our taxes back in February, we were with one (specific) bank, and we opted for direct deposit. But we changed our bank soon after for personal reasons, and now the IRS still has our old bank account number…I tried to call them but of course no one is ever available to speak to. Is there a way to change it online on their website? Or will they just send us a check since they will (hopefully) notice that the old accound is closed.
T

avatar Mark

Military Enlisted Family of 4. Have not received ours yet either, But neither have 90% of Battalion (of 800 soldiers) Really stinks when you think you are going to get something and do not. Only about a dozen people in my whole battalion have recieved anything. My Mailman, brothers and sister, and most my friend whom I have asked have also not recieved anything.. BOO for the IRS…

avatar Sam

I don’t really have a comment. I have a question. I see others had questions in this section, so I hope it’s all right.
I haven’t heard word one from the IRS on whether or not my wife and I will even be receiving a check. It would be nice to know, so that I can plan on how to use it. HAHA. We had a balance due on our return of $26 and filed electronically and paid by check well before April 15th.
Can someone please tell me how i find out if we are going to even be receiving a check? My social ends with 93 , so ours will be last, of course, if we are to receive one.
thanks for any information

avatar Dominique

Sam, #191,

You should be able to use this IRS calculator to find out if you will be getting a check. http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/

avatar Sam

To Dominique, Comment # 192

Thank you very much for the info. I thought I would probably never hear from anyone. It’s good to know this one works. And it looks like my wife and I will be collecting from IRS for a change around July 11th . I hope I get some of it.
Have a great day.

avatar Karen

Why does the government tell us they are going to try to help us with this stimulus refund then it takes months to get it. Finally when you think you are going to get something according to their payment schedule, it doesn’t come (we have received a letter stating we are supposed to get one). You go online to check and days after it is supposed to have been mailed, the IRS form tells you there is no information available on your stimulus refund at this time and IT’S OVERDUE. I believe Direct Deposit people are doing fine with this but those of us getting paper checks (and we filed on time-Apr 14th) are getting the bad end of this deal. And there is no way to get any further information, you just (as usual) reach a dead-end.

avatar nerb70

I am wondering what happens if you owe taxes and are on a payment plan with the IRS. Does your stimulus payment go to them directly? My sister has this issue and does not know whether or not she will be receiving stimulus. Anyone know?

avatar jemady

Nerb,
Yes, they will take her stimulus and apply it to her balance owed. I know this because when they did the stimulus(rebate as they called it then) a few years ago, we owed money then and they took our rebate. It sucks but it was nice to have a chunk of it paid down.

avatar Franklin

I had to pay taxes this year and sent my payment on April 8, 2008. My check was cashed by IRS on April 14, 2008. My stimulus check was to be mailed on May 23, 2008 but so far no check and the IRS site really doesn’t give information. Where else can one get information. The phone number is canned and just says the same thing over and over.
I really could use my $600.

Is there anywhere else to contact for specific info?

avatar Dianne

We submitted our 1040 electronically. Near the end of this process, we were asked to “verify the salary” in a box provided. Regrettably, this resulted in a doubling of the reported salary, which in turn, made our adjusted gross income too high to be eligible for the stimulus payment (rebate). We detected this unfortunate error only after our 1040 had been accepted. We corrected the error by submitting an amended return (1040X), which made our adjusted gross income well within the range to receive the rebate. When can we expect our rebate and will it be directly deposited like our anticipated 2007 tax refund?

avatar jenifer

We were supposed to receive a paper check by June 6, 2008. His numbers are 27 and he is first on the return and no back debt. My neighbor ends in 55 and she got her papercheck already! I called the irs, waited 1 hour, and finally spoke to someone today. The irs does not know why but our check is going out late, not cut until probably tomorrow and if not, then they only cut checks on Fridays. And, then I have to wait as it comes from either Kansas City or Atlanta. What a mess. Our check should have been cut and sent last week. I am so frustrated.

avatar ksh68

Friends of ours who filed through H&R Block were some of the first people to have their economic stimulus check direct deposited into their account. We also filed through H& R Block but have not received ours and according to the IRS site we won’t until mid-late June. Was there a glitch on their *IRS* end or was this a last minute change?