If you have a savings account at ING Direct, you should now be able to download the tax form that outlines the amount of interest you received throughout 2006. Here’s how to get it.
- Log into your account at ingdirect.com by providing your account security information.
- Click the “Tax Info Available Now!” icon located on the right side of the screen. An example of the image is here.
- The 2006 tax year is automatically selected. Click the “View” button.
- When the pop-up window open, click the “Print Page” icon.
- Select your printer. If you have Adobe PDF Writer, I suggest saving a digital image of the tax form as well. The latest versions on Microsoft Office come with a similar program, Microsoft Office Document Image Writer.
Interest on savings and money market accounts is considered income, and is taxed by the United States government.
Updated March 28, 2011 and originally published January 18, 2007. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.