Here are what my friends in the personal finance blogosphere have written this past week, starting with the MoneyBlogNetwork bloggers:
* Jim from Blueprint wrote about inflation’s role in the debt vs. save question.
* FiveCentNickel wonders if ethanol is as beneficial as the Bush administration says.
* Free Money Finance takes a look at the state of debt in America.
* AllFinancialMatters, an in-real-life financial planner helps a reader decide how to deal with an extra $1,000.
* MightyBargainHunter reviews a recently-published book, The Money CoachÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Guide to Your First Million.
* GuruWatch has information on how to become a guru.
* Financial Freedumb is unhappy at his job and wants to underperform to get fired. Commenters agree: just quit and don’t play games.
* Free the Drones writes about saving money on a teacher’s salary. In New York City, teachers’ salaries aren’t too bad [PDF].
* Tired but happy writes about her retirement contributions.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published October 22, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.