* Job growth slows to a gain of only 138,000 jobs.
* Burger King beefs up IPO and MasterCard is expecting a nice public offering. Let’s go have a huge fast food dinner and put it on a credit card. Maybe not.
* Mortgage rates are the highest since June 2002.
* The Dow hit a six-year high yesterday.
* Here’s a car that’s powered by electricity but blows away a Ferrari 360 Spider and a Porsche Carrera GT. I say we harness this technology so the next generation of Toyota Prius won’t be so wimpy.
* Check out the MoneyBlogNetwork Forums for some interesting discussions for personal finance bloggers. All right, that one’s not really news.
Updated December 20, 2011 and originally published May 5, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.