This entry goes hand-in-hand with my March account balances.
Continue reading this entry to see my chart and explanation.
|Income / Expenses||Jan||Feb||Mar||YTD Mar|
|Other Inc, Bus||72.52||0.00||0.00||72.52|
* It’s interesting to note that if I didn’t receive a disbursement from my student loan (listed under “Other Income”), my expenses would have been higher than my income for March.
* The Realized Gain amount comes from my 401(k) which automatically rebalances to my contribution specifications every quarter.
* The large amount under the Household category is for a new cell phone and aceessories. Some of that should be classified as reimbursable since I will be receiving a rebate some day. I also lowered my calling plan to a lower rate because I don’t need the extra minutes I had been paying for.
* Utilities are high because I hadn’t been paying my cable bill, and it caught up with me. Oops.
* The Insurance category contains my auto insurance deposit, which was rather high.
April should be a better month regarding income. I will be receiving three paychecks this month rather than my ordinary two. Since I budget on a monthly basis, the extra paycheck is like found cash.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published April 1, 2005. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.