This entry goes hand-in-hand with my March account balances.
Continue reading this entry to see my chart and explanation.
|Income / Expenses||Jan||Feb||Mar||YTD Mar|
|Other Inc, Bus||72.52||0.00||0.00||72.52|
* It’s interesting to note that if I didn’t receive a disbursement from my student loan (listed under “Other Income”), my expenses would have been higher than my income for March.
* The Realized Gain amount comes from my 401(k) which automatically rebalances to my contribution specifications every quarter.
* The large amount under the Household category is for a new cell phone and aceessories. Some of that should be classified as reimbursable since I will be receiving a rebate some day. I also lowered my calling plan to a lower rate because I don’t need the extra minutes I had been paying for.
* Utilities are high because I hadn’t been paying my cable bill, and it caught up with me. Oops.
* The Insurance category contains my auto insurance deposit, which was rather high.
April should be a better month regarding income. I will be receiving three paychecks this month rather than my ordinary two. Since I budget on a monthly basis, the extra paycheck is like found cash.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published April 1, 2005.