CNN Money has a slide show featuring the top ten counties with the highest number of household millionaires. Do you live amongst them? Perhaps you are one.
- Los Angeles, California with 268,138 households, home of Donna Martin
- Cook County (Chicago), Illinois with 171,118 households, home of the Oprah Winfrey Show
- Orange County, California with 116,157 households, home of my mom (and Mickey Mouse)
- Maricopa County (Phoenix), Arizona with 113,414 households, home of Alice Cooper
- San Diego County, California with 102,138 households, home of Nyoka, the ball python
- Harris County (Houston), Texas with 99,504 households, former home of Halliburton
- Nassau County (Western Long Island), New York with 79,704 households, home of David Wright
- Santa Clara County (San Jose/Silicon Valley), California with 74,824 households, home of Google
- Palm Beach County, Florida with 71,221 households, home of Jimmy Buffett
- King County (Seattle), Washington with 68,390 households, home of Dr. Frasier Crane
If you live in one of these areas, but are not a millionaire, at least you can feel safe with the knowledge that burglars will be focusing their efforts on the neighbor’s house rather than yours.
Updated February 10, 2011 and originally published May 1, 2007. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.