Thanks to all the Consumerism Commentary readers who commented or emailed me about the auditions for staff writer. I’d like to welcome Kelly Whalen, a writer whose primary website is The Centsible Life, to the Consumerism Commentary team! Kelly will be providing one article a week starting this Thursday. Tom Dziubek and I will speak with Kelly on a future Consumerism Commentary Podcast so subscribe now to learn more about our new contributor.
This week, Consumerism Commentary will be giving away a copy of Excuse Me, Your Job is Waiting: Attract the Work You Want by Laura George. I reviewed the book here. The book is a few years old but it is a great resource for today’s economic conditions. In order to be entered in the giveaway, you must be a fan of Consumerism Commentary on Facebook.
Simply being a fan gives you one chance to win, but if you write on Consumerism Commentary’s wall to leave a tip for us, you will quadruple your chance to win. You must be a fan and leave your message by Friday, December 11 to qualify.
Best of Consumerism Commentary, November 2009
- Triage Your Finances
- 6 Items That Exemplify Conspicuous Spending
- Avoiding Black Friday Online and Offline
- Put Your Finance on Cruise Control, But Stay Alert
- How to Do Your Holiday Shopping Through Rebate Sites
- How to Spend Smarter This Holiday Season
- Lifestyle Creep and the Self-Employed
- Reader Question: Can You Write “See ID” Rather Than Signing Your Credit Card?
- “What Works For You” Can Be a Trap
- The True Cost of a Motorola Droid
- President Obama and Congress Extend the $8,000 Home Buyers’ Credit
- Should Target Date Funds Be Standardized?
The Consumerism Commentary Podcast featured a number of great guests in November. This past month we discussed gift cards with Jim Sharvin, CPA, social and peer-to-peer lending with the CEO of LendingClub, finding a job with headhunter Nick Corcodilos, frugality with author Sharon Harvey Rosenberg, and investing for retirement with author Dan Solin.
Join the community
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- Add Consumerism Commentary to Google’s home page or Google Reader
- Free daily digest of new Consumerism Commentary articles via email
- Free somewhat-weekly newsletter with exclusive content and giveaways
- Follow Consumerism Commentary on Twitter by following @luke_landes and @ConsumerismComm
- Become a fan of Consumerism Commentary on Facebook
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published December 7, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.