I plan to use my time this week to review my financial progress in 2006 and set some concrete goals for 2007. I’ve never been a fan of concrete goals because so far, unexpected surprises have had effects on my progress every year for my adult life, sometimes positive, but sometimes negative. This unpredictability has discouraged me from setting specific short-term goals, for fear of coming up short or rendering the goals irrelevant.
By the end of the week, I will have some specific goals that I will hope to attain one year from now. I’ll also use them as a measuring stick throughout 2007.
Feel free to share your own goals for 2007 in the comments, or if you’re a blogger and have published an article about your 2007 goals, feel free to add a comment with a link. I’ll add links to the main part of the post as I find them.
* Investor Trip: Investment Goals for 2007
* Wealth Junkie: My Goals For 2007 – What are yours?
* No BS Finance: 2007 Financial Goals
* Moomin Valley: 2007 Net Worth Goal
* The Financial Oracle: Goals for 2007
* Million Dollar Journey: Goals for the New Year (2007)
* General Finance: My 2007 Financial Goals
* Blueprint for Financial Prosperity: Regular and Stretch Goals for 2007
* Alpha Guy: 2007 Goals
* Save Money: Some Stuff to Look at for 2007
* Erasing My Debt: My 2007 Goals
* Many more links are listed in the comments, so take a look!
Leave some comments with your goals or with a link to a post containing the details. I’ll publish my goals by the end of the week.
Updated December 20, 2011 and originally published December 26, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.