Today’s guest on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Kate Levinson, author of Emotional Currency: A Woman’s Guide to Building a Healthy Relationship with Money. Among the topics discussed, Kate talks about the differences between masculine and feminine approaches to money as well as the importance of emotions in financial decisions.
Table of contents
– [00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
– [00:37] Interview with Kate Levinson
– [00:53] The masculine and feminine approaches to money
– [05:40] Discrimination against women
– [06:48] Emotions as currency
– [07:50] Why emotions are important in financial decisions
– [10:14] Tapping into your childhood financial experiences
– [12:45] The importance of financial independence
– [14:13] Overcoming fear
– [17:06] Being ashamed of money
– [19:23] The connection between love and money
– [23:27] How each personality can improve their relationship with money
– [27:33] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated May 3, 2011 and originally published May 1, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.