Today’s guest on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is George Hobica, president and founder of the travel comparison website Airfarewatchdog. George discusses Airfarewatchdog, how the site works in finding low air fares, several great deals many people don’t know about and offers many airline travel tips.
George Hobica, Airfarewatchdog: S05E06 / 134
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:36] Interview with George Hobica
– [00:48] Airfarewatchdog
– [01:52] How it differs from other fare comparison websites
– [03:27] Frequency of air fare changes
– [04:14] How Airfarewatchdog interacts with other websites
– [07:39] Frequent Flyer programs
– [08:24] Their functionality with changes to flights
– [08:51] The impact of the price of gas on travel
– [09:27] Fares to Europe
– [11:16] Surprisingly cheap travel destinations
– [13:46] The impact of mergers
– [15:04] Getting refunds in the case of a price drop
– [16:59] Using a travel agent
– [20:06] Avoiding fees
– [23:08] Wi-fi charges
– [24:07] Summer travel advice
– [27:02] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 8, 2013 and originally published May 29, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.