Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, also known as The Money Coach. Lynnette discusses many topics including how to set financial boundaries with friends and family, written and unwritten rules about credit and also tips on how to teach children the value of money.
The Money Coach, Lynnette Khalfani-Cox: S05E07 / 135
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:34] Interview with Lynnette Khalfani-Cox
– [00:48] Financial boundaries with friends and family
– [02:09] How less assertive people can establish boundaries
– [07:49] The three basic rules of credit
– [10:40] The five unwritten rules of credit
– [11:25] 1. You must play by their rules to win
– [11:47] 2. The playing field is more level than you think
– [12:30] 3. Every transaction counts
– [15:04] 4. The credit industry prefers to work without you
– [19:56] 5. The rules always change
– [20:14] Tips for people who are in a lot of debt
– [24:08] Making children aware of the value of money
– [26:00] Offering money choices to kids
– [28:07] How money choices for kids can be fun
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 12, 2016 and originally published June 5, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.