Today’s guests on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast are Scott and Bethany Palmer, also known as The Money Couple. The Money Couple talks about many topics in their book, First Comes Love, Then Comes Money: A Couple’s Guide to Financial Communication such as financial infidelity, money personalities and how couples can better understand each others’ money quirks in order to have a happier relationship.
The Money Couple, Scott & Bethany Palmer: S05E09 / 136
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:34] Interview with The Money Couple
– [00:50] How Scott and Bethany met
– [01:26] How soon financial discussions came into their relationship
– [02:33] Financial infidelity
– [03:39] Financial infidelity in Scott & Bethany’s relationship
– [05:41] Having a financial relationship
– [07:49] Transparency in a financial relationship
– [09:25] Financial infidelity vs. sexual infidelity
– [13:27] The money personalities
– [16:49] Whether people with different personalities can have a successful relationship
– [21:50] When a couple should start discussing finances
– [23:35] Financial philosophies that Scott and Bethany have disagreed on
– [25:13] Fighting fair
– [27:55] The Financial Infidelity Quotient
– [28:54] The stress that health issues can place on a relationship
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.