Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Steve Rosenstock of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) about tips to cool your house in the summer. Steve discusses many ways to cool your house down, including giving your air conditioning unit a checkup, using a programmable thermostat and several cheap and easy methods which people may not have considered before.
Summer Cooling Tips, Steve Rosenstock, EEI: S05E10 / 141
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:37] Interview with Steve Rosenstock, EEI
– [00:51] Insulation
– [03:36] Cheap ways to make your home more energy efficient
– [07:41] Keeping a second refrigerator in the garage
– [09:40] Consider replacing an older air conditioner
– [11:00] Caulking and weather stripping
– [12:11] Replacing windows & the federal tax credit
– [16:03] Fluorescent bulbs
– [21:35] Using programmable thermostats
– [24:00] Using fans
– [24:53] Checking your local utility’s website
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.