Flexo and Bryan talk to Kevin about the costly mistakes that forced him to learn how to manage his money, whether student loans are good debt or bad debt, and why he makes music videos and movie parodies to explain finances.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:34] Interview with Kevin McKee
– [00:51] What is a thousandaire?
– [01:56] Why young people have different attitudes toward money
– [03:43] Kevin’s financial mistakes
– [07:52] Engineering education influence on financial decisions
– [09:30] Kevin’s novel definition of good debt
– [12:15] Blogging for a young audience
– [14:56] Talking about money shouldn’t be taboo
– [17:17] The five steps to becoming a thousandaire
– [18:56] Kevin’s custom budget spreadsheet vs. mint.com
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.