Yaron talks to Tom Dziubek and discusses how BillGuard works, fraudulent credit and debit card transactions, how BillGuard detects these potentially fraudulent transactions and how it notifies their customers.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:36] Interview with Yaron Samid
– [00:49] About BillGuard
– [01:26] Card fraud
– [02:58] How BillGuard learns about potential fraud
– [06:00] Other examples of fraud or unexpected charges
– [07:44] How and when BillGuard notifies people
– [10:44] Tricks used by unscrupulous merchants
– [13:41] Getting help getting refunds
– [15:11] Never use your debit card to reserve hotels or rent cars
– [18:14] BillGuard’s security
– [19:03] BillGuard’s funding
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published July 17, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.