Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Adam Levin, co-founder of Credit.com and former director of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs about the new federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Adam discusses the goals of the bureau, how it’s an improvement over what was in place before, and some of the challenges that it needs to overcome.
Adam Levin, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: S05E17 / 146
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:36] Interview with Adam Levin
– [00:50] The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
– [01:48] How it’s different from what was previously in place
– [03:17] The priorities of the CFPB
– [04:53] Financial literacy & creating new policies vs. enforcing the old ones
– [07:48] Elizabeth Warren vs. Richard Cordray as director
– [12:43] Republican criticisms of the bureau
– [17:58] The CFPB’s effectiveness
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.