Truett lived through the Great Depression and worked behind a counter until he started Chick-fil-A when he was 46. Never comfortable borrowing money, he now believes in giving generously to charity, and that you always get back what you give away.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:36] Interview with S. Truett Cathy
– [00:58] Is wealth having enough to take care of your family?
– [01:59] Victory is what you do with the money, not the fact that you have it
– [04:17] Make donations anonymously
– [05:06] Tithing
– [05:40] The Golden Rule in business
– [09:00] Being brought up during the Great Depression
– [10:15] Keeping Chick-fil-A employee turnover low
– [11:16] How wealth is worth it
– [13:08] The right amount to give away
– [16:22] Being prepared for the slow times
– [17:13] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.