Rob Kaplan has spent his life studying leadership and the qualities of a great leader. He and Bryan discuss the three questions any organization needs to ask itself before it can succeed, and the best ways to coach the people on your team.
What to Ask the Person in the Mirror: S05E24 / 152
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:34] Interview with Robert Steven Kaplan
– [00:49] The MBA Oath
– [03:16] Definition of leader
– [04:35] Being willing to keep learning
– [05:00] Vision, priorities, and coaching
– [07:52] Apple Inc.
– [09:44] Creating a learning environment
– [12:08] Why people quit
– [14:53] Coaching’s effect on the bottom line
– [16:07] Hiring great people
– [19:17] Designing the organization and hiring differently
– [20:49] People’s great potential to learn and adapt
– [24:34] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 12, 2016 and originally published October 2, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.