Today’s Consumerism Commentary Podcast features two interviews. In the first segment, Tom Dziubek talks with Philip Taylor from PT Money: Personal Finance and Consumerism Commentary founder Flexo about this year’s Financial Blogger Conference.
In the second segment, Tom speaks with Jon Stein, founder and CEO of the online investing service Betterment. Jon discusses recent survey results about how young people have been financially planning for the future as well as Betterment’s new financial planning tool.
Financial Blogger Conference; Betterment’s New Financial Goal Tool: S05E25 / 154 & 153
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:43] Interview with Phillip Taylor and Flexo
– [00:59] The 2011 Financial Blogger Conference
– [01:54] The choice of Chicago
– [02:37] The conference itinerary
– [04:00] Funding and sponsors
– [06:04] Attendees of the event
– [07:00] The Plutus Awards
– [09:23] What happens in Chicago stays in Chicago
– [11:31] Flexo flies first class
[14:42] Interview with Jon Stein, Betterment
– [14:58] Explaining Betterment
– [16:04] Expected return on investment
– [17:47] Betterment’s survey on people’s financial planning
– [20:32] Betterment’s goal-based investment tool
– [22:30] Future plans for Betterment
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published October 9, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.