Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Bryan and Flexo talk with Sarah from The $60K Project about how she and her partner Mike paid off many thousands in debt in less than a year, what they learned along the way, and what they want to do now that they can afford to take some risks.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:34] Interview with Flexo and Sarah
– [00:53] Living paycheck to paycheck, starting the $60K Project
– [04:08] Pay off $60,000 in just ten months
– [05:10] Choosing debt payoff goals
– [07:04] Higher education expenses
– [08:45] Emotional aspect of paying off debt
– [10:48] Creating a website about paying your debt
– [12:46] Switch from debt repayment to saving
– [14:26] Creating a 12 step program
– [15:39] Drawbacks while cutting costs
– [16:12] The 12 Steps to Financial Freedom
– [25:34] Financial freedom after paying off debt
– [28:29] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.