Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Bryan talks to Chris Camillo, author of Laughing at Wall Street: How I Beat the Pros at Investing (by Reading Tabloids, Shopping at the Mall, and Connecting on Facebook) and How You Can, Too.
Chris advises avoiding standard Wall Street advice and focusing on social networks, personal shopping research and pop culture for discovering investment ideas.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:33] Interview with Chris Camillo
– [00:51] Technical analysis and fundamental analysis
– [04:49] 401(k) plans
– [07:17] Finding money for investing
– [09:26] Missing Snapple
– [11:11] Information arbitrage
– [14:40] Applying the scientific method
– [18:42] Rewarding your network of helpers
– [19:42] Performing analysis research
– [22:52] Investment ideas surround us every day
– [25:33] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 12, 2016 and originally published November 6, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.