Discardia is a holiday, a philosophy, and now a book that explains why life is more stressful as a result of having too much stuff, or the wrong kind of stuff. The book is filled with advice and soundproof logic that can help you make room for awesomeness.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:33] Interview with Dinah Sanders
– [00:45] Discardia’s origin
– [02:37] Being in the mood for cleaning
– [03:41] Have more by getting rid of stuff
– [05:35] Why we keep stuff we don’t use
– [07:25] Finding a favorite place to reconnect with yourself
– [11:06] Clean in chunks, not stacks
– [14:31] Releasing potential with an empty drawer
– [16:36] Financial motivation for making a happier home
– [18:31] Avoid retail therapy
– [20:22] Keeping stuff because of guilt
– [23:19] Selling vs. donating
– [24:24] Deciding which books to keep
– [28:01] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published November 20, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.