Paula talks about several landlord-related topics, including what to look for when purchasing a property, how tenants see properties different than landlords and the kind of work a landlord should expect.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:36] Interview with Paula Pant
– [00:54] Owning rental properties
– [01:51] Analyzing a property’s profitability
– [03:04] Expenses involved
– [04:08] Things to look for in a property
– [05:19] Renting to professionals
– [06:54] The affect of the number of rental units
– [08:39] Paula’s experience
– [10:19] Fixer-uppers and meeting the needs of the tenant
– [12:25] The costs of fixing up a house
– [16:40] Income tax implications
– [19:26] Being a landlord
– [21:54] Finding good tenants
– [23:05] What tenants look for
– [23:38] Tasks to outsource
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published November 27, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.