Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Bryan J Busch talks to Jonathan Zschau, author of the book Buying and Owning a Mac: Secrets Apple Doesn’t Want You to Know.
They discuss the staggering frequency of commercials in daily life, how it’s easier to avoid than resist the temptation to shop, and the convincing argument that money and possessions don’t make people any happier.
Buying and Owning a Mac: Secrets Apple Doesn’t Want You to Know: S06E09 / 163
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:34] Interview with Jonathan Zschau
– [00:46] The right time to buy a new Mac, and good reasons to choose an older model
– [06:16] AppleCare isn’t a good idea for everyone
– [11:25] Methods for preventing theft or retrieving a stolen device
– [15:17] Never hesitate to ask Apple to fix a problem
– [19:27] When does the Lemon Law come into play?
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.