Flexo discusses several tips to addressing New Year’s resolutions including performing an honest self-assessment, setting goals that are meaningful to you and breaking them down into more manageable chunks.
New Year’s Resolutions: S06E12 / 167
[podcast flashvars="titles: 'Consumerism Commentary Podcast 142: 2012-01-08'"]http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.consumerismcommentary.com/audio/podcast-142-new-years-resolutions.mp3[/podcast]
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:35] Interview with Flexo
– [00:46] New Year’s resolutions
– [02:05] Setting the wrong resolutions
– [03:00] Self reflection and assessment
– [05:42] Setting meaningful resolutions
– [07:43] Staying away from “S.M.A.R.T.” goals
– [09:02] Creating smaller goals
– [10:51] Rewarding yourself
– [12:44] Visualizing your goals
– [15:00] Taking action
– [16:43] Tom’s & Flexo’s resolutions
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated January 12, 2012 and originally published January 8, 2012. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.