They discuss the difference between smart investments vs. emotional decisions, the importance of financial planning, and how most people are better off just buying an index fund and ignoring investment gurus.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:34] Interview with Kathy Pickering
– [00:48] Do an annual review of life changes
– [01:26] Extending the Payroll Tax Holiday
– [02:43] Federally declared disasters and casualty losses
– [04:39] Energy efficiency credit (check the list at energystar.gov)
– [05:51] American Opportunity Credit for college students, tuition and fees deductions, and the Lifetime Learning Credit
– [08:16] Tax credits for adoption
– [11:10] Credit for some plug-in cars
– [12:10] Brokers are now required to report cost basis of the sale of stocks and securities
– [12:59] Health care reform affects on individual and small business taxes
– [17:59] Expired hiring credits
– [18:55] Changes to be aware of for 2013
– [21:31] E-filing is heavily encouraged and improved
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.