Jenny talks with Tom about how married women can better prepare themselves financially for a divorce. Some of the items she discusses are keeping individual checking accounts, knowing where the money is and being prepared to start a new job.
Protecting Individual Finances in a Marriage: S06E15 / 172
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:38] Interview with Jenny Kerr
– [00:49] Jenny’s inspiration for article
– [03:15] Individual bank accounts
– [05:34] The need for a joint account
– [06:13] Funding the individual account
– [07:33] The individual account for emergency access
– [08:57] Know where the money is
– [10:27] Keeping your resume current
– [12:06] Part-time work
– [14:21] Understanding the necessities
– [15:24] Knowing what benefits are tied to your spouse
– [16:40] Identifying policies your spouse could benefit from
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.