They discuss how online money management tools compare to personalized financial planning and other trends in the changing field of financial advice.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:32] Interview with Michael Kitces
– [01:00] Different career paths toward financial planning
– [03:40] Personal advice vs. online money software with advice components
– [06:59] Clearing up the dizzying array of professional designations
– [10:11] Where do the advisors’ suggestions come from?
– [12:47] Typical clients, and how to attract more by making planning more accessible
– [18:38] How can the industry appeal more to young clients?
– [24:51] Finding the right planner for you
– [27:26] Attracting young would-be planners
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Published or updated February 25, 2012. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.