Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Bryan J Busch talks with Mitch Weiss, author of Life Happens: A Practical Guide to Personal Finance from College to Career (available from Amazon.com on the Kindle).
They discuss many of the topics young people need to know in order to avoid the pitfalls of personal finance.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:34] Interview with Mitch Weiss
– [00:45] What are young people not being taught about finances?
– [02:13] Student loans are a big problem right now
– [04:10] A reasonable amount to borrow for college
– [06:59] We should learn and teach more about acquiring and protecting credit
– [09:16] What young people need to know about checking accounts, ATMs, and fraud
– [17:56] Smart choices about health insurance
– [21:26] Be open minded and polite when asking for discounts or a higher salary
– [25:18] Employees shouldn’t be distracted by money worries
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated September 26, 2012 and originally published March 25, 2012. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.