Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Bryan J Busch talks with Dr. Charles Richards, author of The Psychology of Wealth.
They discuss many aspects of the brain’s conscious and unconscious affects on spending and saving.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:33] Interview with Dr. Charles Richards
– [00:45] The Family Operating System, its influence and how it works
– [03:15] Examining your background and values
– [03:50] The Singer sewing machine’s new way of buying
– [05:37] The U.S. moved from owning what you need to putting luxuries on credit
– [07:07] Are we doing it wrong?
– [08:48] Your core values might just be hand-me-downs
– [11:21] Moderate advice for solving debt problems
– [14:02] Self-esteem’s influence on wealth, and increasing it through generosity
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.