They talk about differing energy cycles, ditching time cards & meetings, and measuring impact instead of employee activities.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Jay Frosting
[00:32] Interview with Julie Clow
– [00:42] Work is now global and 24/7, leading to over-saturation
– [04:25] We shouldn’t use rules leftover from assembly line businesses
– [06:26] Questioning assumptions about schedules, time cards and meetings
– [08:06] Work doesn’t need to seem unpleasant
– [11:10] Julie’s quiz to determine how poorly your business rates on a freedom scale
– [17:18] Measuring impact instead of activities
– [21:41] Implementing a Results-Only Work Environment as a startup vs. as an existing business
– [22:40] Employee freedom leads to more responsibility and accountability
– [25:07] Humans have different energy cycles
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.