Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Jay Frosting speaks with John Graves, author of The 7% Solution: You Can Afford a Comfortable Retirement.
They discuss the unique challenges baby boomers face when planning for retirement.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Jay Frosting
[00:33] Interview with John Graves
– [00:44] The four money lessons baby boomers probably already know
– [03:08] 40% of people close to retirement aren’t prepared
– [04:19] Make the most of your last years of work and put off Social Security income
– [06:12] Look at income sources aside from a typical salary
– [07:11] Managing your own portfolio vs. using a financial advisor
– [10:34] How to research stocks and be a value investor
– [14:21] This system isn’t right for everybody
– [15:34] Health is more important than wealth
– [17:35] Giving back through volunteer work
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated May 9, 2012 and originally published May 6, 2012. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.