Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek and Flexo speak with J.D. Roth, founder of the personal finance website Get Rich Slowly about the topic of personal transformation. J.D. discusses many of the changes he’s gone through recently including what inspired him to transform himself and what he did to prepare himself for the changes. He also discusses his future with Get Rich Slowly and projects that he is currently working on.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:39] Interview with J.D. Roth
– [01:00] Personal transformation
– [01:47] The scale of changes involved
– [02:26] Learning Spanish
– [05:31] Contentment and “lifestyle inflation”
– [07:25] Complacency and low level changes
– [09:16] J.D. gets into shape
– [11:10] Trigger points for starting change
– [13:09] Achieving financial stability first
– [13:37] J.D. announces future with Get Rich Slowly
– [15:14] Obstacles to motivation
– [17:28] Books that inspired J.D.
– [21:22] Preparing yourself to “live in the moment”
– [22:22] How people can prepare themselves financially
– [24:01] Performing an effective self reflection
– [25:54] J.D.’s projects
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated June 11, 2012 and originally published June 10, 2012. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.