Ellyn talks to Tom about how women differ from men in regards to success, especially regarding finding and developing their inner talents. They also discuss her “Letters to My Younger Self” series of books, including what inspired her, the celebrities who contributed, as well as one of her favorite letters.
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:37] Interview with Ellyn Spragins
– [00:51] Ellen’s inspiration to help women
– [03:48] How women are different from men in finding and developing talents
– [05:44] What women need to know about success
– [07:28] Rule for Success #1: Be selfish
– [08:15] Rule #2: Be bad
– [08:29] Rule #3: Be “dyslexic”
– [09:21] Rules #4 and #5: Study your gut & don’t be men in pink
– [10:45] How “Letters To My Younger Self” got started
– [12:42] Finding celebrity contributors at the beginning
– [16:00] Finding contributors after the first book
– [18:19] One of Ellyn’s favorite letters
– [21:13] Ellyn’s seminars
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated July 9, 2012 and originally published July 8, 2012. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.