To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:36] Interview with Aaron Patzer, CEO and founder of Mint, about their recent acquisition by Intuit
– [01:29] Mint users’ reaction to news of the acquisition
– [01:55] Aaron’s new role at Intuit
– [04:56] The future of Quicken Online
– [06:36] Interfacing with ING Direct
– [08:27] Impact on Mint employees
– [11:28] Aaron discusses spending the earnings
[14:12] Interview with Bryan Olson of Charles Schwab about 2010 Roth IRA conversion rule changes
– [14:46] Roth IRAs vs. traditional IRAs
– [15:29] The conversion rule changes
– [16:20] Government incentives for these changes
– [17:35] Who benefits from the changes and what should be considered
– [21:22] People who benefit the least from a conversion
– [22:56] Differences of impact between age brackets
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated March 22, 2011 and originally published September 20, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.