Our guest on today’s podcast is Jen Smith, the “Millionaire Mommy Next Door.” By age 40, Jen had become a self-made millionaire and she and her husband are now financially independent, stay-at-home parents. In our interview, Jen describes her path from minimum-wage jobs to financial freedom.
Jen has appeared on The Montel Show and shares with Consumerism Commentary and is scheduled to appear in an upcoming film, Secrets of Money: The Documentary Movie. She writes regularly on her blog, Millionaire Mommy Next Door.
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:44] Interview with Jen Smith, Millionaire Mommy Next Door
– [01:02] Why and how Jen set out to be a millionaire
– [04:22] How Jen has lived differently since achieving millionaire status
– [07:55] Jen’s unconventional path to becoming a millionaire
– [10:34] Apprenticeship as an alternative
– [17:38] Why Jen started the Millionaire Mommy Next Door website
– [19:28] Jen’s donations to micro-lending website Kiva.org
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated January 16, 2010 and originally published October 4, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.