Today’s podcast features Sandra Hanna, the “savvy spender” among the Smart Cookies. Smart Cookies is a television program on the W Network. Sandra is one of five hosts on the show. Each with their own specialty offers financial makeovers. The Smart Cookies have also written a book, The Smart Cookies’ Guide to Making More Dough and Getting Out of Debt.
In the second half of the podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Neal Frankle, the founder of Wealth Resources Group and Wealth Pilgrim. Neal offers his thoughts to Consumerism Commentary listeners about finding the right financial adviser and investing today for the future.
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:40] Interview with Sandra Hanna
– [00:54] About the Smart Cookies
– [02:46] How Sandra became known as the “Savvy Spender”
– [03:32] Sandra’s fear of managing money
– [04:34] How Sandra got out of debt
– [06:05] Why Sandra prefers American Express
– [10:25] Advice for young women on their own for the first time
– [12:55] Tips for people forced to make long commutes regularly
[15:00] Interview with Neal Frankle
– [15:18] How Neal decided to become a financial planner
– [17:36] How people can identify the right financial planner for them
– [18:50] How people should start their search for a financial planner
– [22:22] Why smart people lose money in their financial investments
– [25:20] Tips for new investors to put them in the best position down the road
– [27:00] The Wealth Pilgrim website
– [28:36] Neal’s current projects
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated January 16, 2010 and originally published October 11, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.