Tom Dziubek and Flexo speak with Mark Frauenfelder, the creator of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of the MAKE magazine. Frauenfelder also writes for Credit.com, and within this interview he shares details about some of this website’s new services including the Credit Report Card (reviewed here).
Frauenfelder is a proponent of the do-it-yourself (DIY) lifestyle, and he explains the source of his interest in this lifestyle as well as details about a forthcoming book on the subject.
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:32] Interview with Mark Frauenfelder
– [00:55] Boing Boing
– [01:50] Mark’s move to the Cook Islands
– [03:59] MAKE magazine
– [05:15] Mark’s involvement with Credit.com
– [08:12] Services offered by Credit.com
– [09:05] Credit.com vs. credit reporting bureaus
– [10:12] Personal information on Credit.com
– [11:21] Improving your credit with the Credit Report Card
– [13:57] Building cigar box guitars
– [15:45] Beekeeping
– [19:21] Upcoming book on do-it-yourself (DIY) experiences
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated January 16, 2010 and originally published October 18, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.