The guest on today’s Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Nick Corcodilos, author of Ask the Headhunter: Reinventing the Interview to Win the Job and How to Work With Heahunters. Nick is the founder of the website Ask the Headhunter where he offers advice about job hunting.
Today, Tom Dziubek and Nick Corcodilos discuss the job of the headhunter and what job hunters need to do in this economy to get a great job and advance their careers.
Production Number: S02E04
Segment Number: 43
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:31] Interview with Nick Corcodilos from “Ask the Headhunter”
– [00:51] The job of a headhunter
– [01:32] Assistance with the job search
– [02:47] Bad headhunters’ mistakes
– [04:20] Networking for job seekers
– [06:03] New job search recommendations
– [08:03] Searching for jobs online
– [10:34] Negotiating for a better salary
– [12:01] The current job market
– [13:33] How to Work With Headhunters
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated May 7, 2014 and originally published November 15, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.