Today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast features Jean Chatzky, financial editor for NBC’s Today Show and author of Pay It Down!: Debt-Free on $10 a Day. Tom Dziubek and Flexo speak with Jean Chatzky about credit cards, debt, and financial planning.
Production Number: S02E09
Segment Numbers: 45
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:31] Interview with Jean Chatzky
– [00:52] Lowering your credit card interest rate
– [02:21] Debt consolidation
– [04:16] Credit counseling
– [06:09] Dealing with debt collectors
– [09:46] Making financial behavioral changes
– [12:21] Making these changes in today’s economy
– [13:03] Characteristics of wealthy people
– [15:18] Creating a life plan
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated January 16, 2010 and originally published December 20, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.