Today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast features Jany Bryant Quinn, author of Making the Most of Your Money Now: The Classic Bestseller Completely Revised for the New Economy. The book will be released this Tuesday, December 29, 2009 and here is a review. Tom Dziubek, Flexo, and Jane Bryant Quinn discuss the author’s revisions since the book’s last update in 1997 and what everyone should know about being financially secure in today’s economy.
Production Number: S02E10
Segment Numbers: 53
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:36] Interview with Jane Bryant Quinn
– [00:56] Updates from the book’s last edition in 1997
– [03:31] Will saving money stay en vogue?
– [05:05] Tips to help those affected by unemployment
– [08:02] What if you can’t pay your mortgage?
– [10:22] Spending plans and budgets
– [11:08] Starting a home business
– [12:30] Tips for first-time homebuyers
– [14:12] Buying foreclosures
– [16:00] Mortgages to avoid
– [18:51] 15-year vs. 30-year mortgages
– [20:11] How people can benefit from today’s economy
– [23:43] 401(k) plans with limited choices
– [29:35] New year’s resolutions
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated January 16, 2010 and originally published December 27, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.