On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks Peter Pham, the CEO of BillShrink. Peter offers several suggestions to guide the many consumers who accumulated more debt than they expected this holiday gift-giving season.
Peter Pham from BillShrink was also our guest on the first episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast in April 26, 2009.
Production Number: S02E12
Segment Number: 55
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:30] Interview with Peter Pham
– [00:43] How long it takes to pay off holiday debt
– [01:07] Combining credit card balances
– [03:34] Paying more than the minimum required payment
– [04:23] Savings and checking accounts
– [05:25] When to change banks
– [08:58] Re-examining everyday bills
– [15:06] Being “strategic”
– [15:56] Logging your success
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated May 7, 2014 and originally published January 10, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.