Today’s guest on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Manisha Thakor, author of Get Financially Naked: How to Talk Money with Your Honey, a book that is designed to help couples improve their communication about financial matters. Manisha Thakor is a passionate advocate for women and financial independence, and has experience in the financial industry as an analyst and portfolio manager. She is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Production Number: S02E13
Segment Number: 54
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:30] Interview with Manisha Thakor
– [00:44] Why people haven’t been heeding financial advice
– [01:40] Manisha’s background and inspiration
– [02:35] Do women need more assistance than men?
– [03:12] Getting financially naked
– [04:58] How to discuss money with your partner
– [06:44] Planning for retirement
– [09:46] The costs of raising a child
– [10:51] Manisha’s experience getting financially naked
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated February 10, 2011 and originally published January 17, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.